Too nice || Dean Thomas

"Too nice! She said it was because I was too nice!" Ginny just broke up with Dean

"Too nice! She said it was because I was too nice!" Ginny just broke up with Dean. He's complaining to Seamus about it for hours, is it bad that I'm happy about it though? She never was his type really. But she was right he is too nice sometimes, but that makes him a great person. "You're too good for her Dean can't you see that." Seamus said, I guess he was trying to be comforting. This was the second time I had run into them talking about it around hogsmeade, by now the whole school knows about it, if they didn't already. I decided to intervene this time.

"Oh suck it up you big baby, whining about it isn't going to get her back." I'm not trying to be rude honestly I'm just trying to be, well, honest. "Thank you Y/N but I don't think your sarcasm is exactly what he needs at the moment." "Oh Seamus, you poor lad, lying to your best friend to make him feel better. You know as well as I do that it wasn't going to last, not because he's too nice because I don't think that's even the real reason. No it's because Ginny Weasley is in love with Harry Potter and has been since she came to this school. You can't lie to Dean and say that everything is gonna be okay, he deserves better than that." I'll admit, my words may be harsh but they're true. Dean deserves better, better than lies and better than Ginny. "Y/N is right Seamus, Ginny is in love with Harry we all know it." I could tell that Dean didn't want me to be right, he didn't even sound like himself. "I'm really sorry Dean, I didn't mean to upset you." I put a hand on his arm and he looked up at me, faking his best smile. "No don't worry about it, you're right that I shouldn't complain." He walked off after that and I swear Seamus gave me the dirtiest look behind me back, I'd have to try get him back for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks later and Dean seemed more himself, he was still distracted but at least he was speaking to everyone. Well I think he was avoiding me but that's understandable, I was the only one to truly give him the tough love of what was really going on. It did hurt a bit, Dean avoiding me, he'd been one of my closest friends and if I was being honest I thought of him as more than a friend. So his avoidance hurt, a lot. The only time we really spoke was during our shared classes and that was only because we sat next to each other. It had been going on too long and I decided it was time to see Seamus, he seemed to be the only one Dean would really speak to. It was lunch, the perfect time to catch Seamus somewhere he couldn't run from.

"I have a problem." Being straightforward wasn't always the best but it was what I was doing now. "Oh hello Y/N, good afternoon, how has your day been?" Cocky bugger. "Yes hello Seamus, how has your day been? Mine? Oh mines fine, I'm only being avoided by the one person I actually don't want avoiding me and it's crushing my soul but by bit and making me want to cry a bit but other than that my day is fine." I had the most angered and sarcastic smile on my face by the end of it I'm surprised Seamus didn't burst into flames. "So as I said before. I have a problem." I finally sat down next to Seamus, he was surprisingly by himself, and grabbed some food to shove in my face before I said something I might regret. "Yes I saw your problem just a minute ago. Why do you think he's avoiding you?" He knew the answer as well as I did he just wanted me to admit it. So through a mouthful of food I said why. "Because I decided to help him rip the bandage off." I think I spit some food on him but he deserved it. "Yeah well you ripped it off you live with the consequences." He was not helping at all. I swallowed my mouthful so I wouldn't spit any more food on him. "Seamus you are the only one who knows how I feel about him you know why I don't want to live with the consequences of what I said." Seamus sighed and shook his head thinking for a moment. "Y/N maybe... maybe you should tell him how you feel. He might react better than you think." I let out a breath and put my chin in my hands propped on the table. "You think it's time then? Let it all out and see if I played my cards right?" Seamus stood and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Yeah I think it's time." I sighed and moved to look him in the eye. "Let's hope you're right then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The time had come for me to confront Dean and I decided that the hogsmeade trip would be the best time to. Dean had surprisingly been hiding near the shrieking shack, he must not have been wanting to be disturbed. Oh well here I come to do just that. "Dean?" He was sitting on a stump looking out blankly in whatever was in front of him. When I sat down next to him he finally looked at me and realized I was there. "Oh hi Y/N, what are you doing out here?" He sounded so sad. "I could ask you the same thing." I nudged him a bit trying to be playful and lift his spirits a bit. I don't think it worked. "Listen Dean I actually came to find you so I could tell you something. I wanted to tell you that... well that Dean you deserve someone better than Ginny. Someone who understands you and loves you no matter what. Someone who isn't in love with someone else. Someone- someone like..." I wanted to say me, I wanted to say me so badly. "Someone like who? Y/N why do you think I dated Ginny?" I let out a sigh, this was an easy answer. "Because she's pretty and you fancied her." He let out a small laugh, he must have heard the sarcasm in my voice. "That's half true, it was mostly because she reminded me of you. But I knew I could never deserve you, and I knew you'd never feel the same way."

No way. Did he really just say that? He's wrong. "You're wrong." He really has no idea how long I have fancied him. "What?" Of course he had no idea. "Do you not have ears? I said that you were wrong." He had this sort of shocked look on his face. It was cute. "No I mean what am I wrong about." This poor boy. "You're wrong about me not feeling the same way." If his face could look any more shocked than it did now he'd probably get it stuck like that. "I- what?" At this point I was starting to laugh. "Yeah I know, surprise surprise I actually have feelings."

"And you don't think I'm too nice?" Why is he still stuck on that? "Are you still bothered about that? Of course you're too nice Dean but that one of the things that I like about you if you can believe it. Somehow you seem to handle my sarcasm and everything else about me. Not to mention I've fancied you since the end of second year." I somehow rendered him speechless. He was speechless for the next two minutes before finally speaking again. "Please tell me you're not joking." Now it was my turn to be speechless. Did he think I was joking? The fact that he said that made me a bit sad even, there was only one thing I could really think of to help him believe I was telling the truth. I took a breath and settled my nerves and prepared myself. I quickly leaned in and kissed him. It was short and sweet but I think I got my point across.

"I would never joke about this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello again! I have a lot of chapters in the works so for the time being I have stopped taking requests! As always I hope you liked this chapter and love hearing feedback!

I also have a question for everyone who reads this! What songs or artists do you connect with certain characters in the series? Major or minor characters it doesn't matter! It helps me to listen to music when I'm writing so if I have songs to make me think of the character it helps the writing process to go a lot quicker and smoother. So please any song suggestions would be great!