Rain || Remus Lupin

I was alone

I was alone. It was raining.
I usually loved the rain, the way droplets raced down window panes or the smell after a storm. But I was alone and he hadn't come back yet.

I sat there in his chair, clutching my warm mug as if I were trying to recreate his body heat through that. It was no use, he still wasn't back yet.

It was usual for Remus to wait a bit after his transformation ceased but he was taking longer than usual. Probably because of the rain. I thought, or at least I hoped. The rain would be the most hopeful outcome. There were still other things that I feared.

Most wizards and witches still resented werewolves, they thought of them as heartless killers with no feelings imbedded into their actions. It was the same case that Remus' father used for Fenir Greyback, it also was the reason that Remus now had this affliction.

It was never any fault of Remus' that he had this 'curse' as he would call it, he wasn't the reason he was bitten. But still, Remus thought it was.

The rain. It was still raining and Remus was still not back. I figured that if he wasn't back soon then I would go and find him myself. Though I promised him that I would never do it again, I cared more about his well being than keeping a promise that could be easily fixed. He was my rock, during both the hard times and now.

I still remember how we met, it's one of my clearest memories. It was a hogsmeade weekend, I was searching for the sweets that I would be craving during my next period, and he was- well he was just looking for sweets in general. There was something on one of the tops of the shelves at Honeydukes and I couldn't barely reach it without needing a small stepladder, but lucky for me Remus saw my struggles and kindly asked what I needed from up top and he grabbed it for me. I still try and put certain things up too high just so he can do it again, it keeps the memory fresh in my mind.

The sound of the back door creaking shut drew me out of my thoughts. I hadn't even noticed that he was home, but he was also soaking wet. "Remus," I said, my voice tender and quiet as to not scare him, "you're soaking wet."

"Well it is pouring hard out there, darling." He replied with a smile on his lips.

I shuffled over to him making sure to put my mug down along the way. "Lets get you into a nice warm bath, shall we?" I asked while leading him to the bathroom.

"That sounds wonderful right about now." He said, placing a kiss atop my head.

"I love you Remus."

"I love you too (Y/N)."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hello there it's me the tired writer

So there is a chance I might end this book soon or I might just have some really really slow updates that are never planned (kinda like this one) but feel free to put prompt suggestions or characters for one shots

(also it's kinda funny to me that the one chapter that has the most reads is my first Draco Malfoy chapter)