Faces || Remus Lupin

You know that thing that happens after you meet someone and get their face imbedded into your mind, so you suddenly start noticing them everywhere? That's what happened to me after I fully met Remus

I was struggling with getting my trunk onto the train, something seemed to be snagging on it or I just packed a lot more than I thought I did. Normally my father would help me with this part and my mother would take my owl to the correct compartment but there was a full moon last night and my father was still regaining his strength. Out of no where my trunk suddenly seems a bit lighter, looking to my left I see the shaggy haired boy with scars on his face. If I'm being honest he slightly looked in the same shape as my father was in now, he just seemed to hide it better.

The two of us managed to get my trunk into the train and we both went to introduce ourselves at the same time. I stuck my hand out as he did the same so we shook.

"Remus Lupin." He said, no wonder he looked familiar. Who could forget the face of one of the famous marauders.

"Y/N L/N." I replied as we broke apart the handshake.

"I believe this may have been the first time we've properly met." He laughed out as we both began walking towards the train compartments.

"Yeah," I said with a small laugh, "I guess it's nice to properly meet you."

"I'll see you later L/N." He smiled as we were about to pass the compartment that seated his friends.

"See you later Lupin." I smiled back before he slipped in and I began the search for my own friends.

After meeting Remus that day I started noticing him everywhere. In the halls, during meals, in class, at hogsmeade. You name it, I noticed him everywhere. But of course I knew who he was before that, as a part of the trouble making quartet it was hard not to, I just had never been fully introduced or even really that interested. I stayed to myself and tried not to get caught up in the seas of people and their drama, I overheard bits and pieces of gossip but I never paid them any mind.

Once I got someone's face in my mind it was everywhere, I would notice when people looked alike and smile to myself because I would be the only one I thought knew. It was great, I had a better understanding of a person once I could recognize their face but if I wasn't careful it could turn to an obsession until I taught myself to forget them. Remus though, I couldn't seem to get him out of my head. It was like the idea of him was glued to every corner of my brain.

I had a crush and I was slowly falling in love with the mere idea of him. I had fallen down a hole with no way out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a full moon, school had started two months ago, and I was wondering how my father was taking it. He always hates the transformations, the one good thing he has ever said about them was that it would pop all his joints and he would feel very loose. I always hated seeing him the day after a transformation, he always looked like he was in so much pain, I don't know how many more of them he can survive.

The sudden shuffle of feet drew me out of my thoughts and I realized it was the end of breakfast, but when I looked around I saw Remus was no where to be seen. Yes Remus would now consider me a friend, we did have aligning schedules after all so it was no doubt we eventually became friends, but I didn't think it was like him to skip breakfast. He had also seemed a bit odd yesterday, and he skipped dinner last night, what was up with him.

I decided to check with his friends during lunch after I ate, they said the hospital wing. I left before they got the satisfaction of making a joke about it. I also had no class after so I was free to stay and talk with him for a bit.

Opening the large wooden doors I surveyed the room for Remus and found him on a bed in the back right corner, sort of secluded from the rest. I let my feet carry me to his bedside and plopped down next to him.

"You missed a stellar potions lesson today." I started, watching his head turn to me with a smile creeping onto his face. "Slughorn grabbed dried nettles instead of valerian sprigs and had the potion blow up in his face. Luckily for him it didn't do any damage." A laugh escaped my lips before I fully got a good look at Remus' state.

"Oh Merlin, you look dreadful." I said, the smile faltering from both my face and his. "Well you don't have to be so rude about it." He replied, a false laugh following it. "Sorry. It just took me by surprise a bit." I looked down, slightly ashamed of how I might have hurt him. "What happened though Remus, you look like my father does after one of his transformations."

"Transformations?" He asked, his face a look of surprise and almost fear.  "O-oh um," I took a deep breath before I continued, "I can trust you, right Remus? Nothing I say will make you change the way you think of me right?" My mind was racing and my heart was pounding, not very many people knew my father was a werewolf so I tried not to expose the fact too much.

"Yes of course you can trust me Y/N." Remus said while grabbing one of my fidgeting hands to try and calms me. "Well you see -my dad -well he uh, he's a werewolf." I whispered, he probably didn't even hear it. I was wrong apparently. His grip on my hand tightened and it looked like his eyes glazed over, like he was deep in thought.

When he finally came to his senses he asked me something. "How do you feel about werewolves?" It was a very on topic question but not the one I expected him to be asking me. "Well I'm fine with them. I know the laws and the books about them explain them to be horrible heartless monsters but I know that's just not true. My father is a kind and loving man who would never hurt anyone ever, not even if he wanted to. And honestly if I knew someone I trusted was a werewolf, I would feel safer with them than I would with anyone else." When I finished I noticed the color on his cheeks and the smile on his face, his hand still holding mine safely in his. The expression on his face was one I never wanted to forget.

"Y/N." He said softly, the smile still on his face. "Yeah?" I said, returning it. "I'm a werewolf." The smile was gone now and his face was completely still, not an ounce of a fake seriousness, everything was genuine.

"Okay." I said, my smile growing seemingly wider. "Did you think that would change anything between us?" I asked, hoping that he might possibly feel the same way I did. "It has for others, but I'm glad it didn't with you." He replied, the smile was back on his lips.

"You're sweet Remus." I spoke softly in almost a whisper. "Is that why you like me?" He asked, a playful tone in his voice. "Who said that I did?" I asked back, some shock in my voice that he knew. "No one, it's just that you haven't forced me to let go of your hand, and the fact that you're even here." He said while his smile grew in a cheeky way.

"Well you grabbed my hand if anything I should be asking if you liked me." I retorted, trying to put him on the spot. "So what if I did?" He was getting cocky now. "What are you gonna do about it?" I asked, I was attempting to be cheeky about it so I wouldn't show how flustered I actually am.

"I was thinking of maybe taking you on a date in hogsmeade." His smile never left his face. "And what if I said no?" I asked. "I don't think you would." He said still with a smile on his face. "You're right." I laughed. "Well I guess it's a date then." He laughed.

"I guess it is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had this since May and I haven't had the motivation to post it till now.

I might have another one soon I'm sorry for not having any but I do have at least one more in the works possibly two so stay with me.