~4~

I wake up and groan. My head is throbbing, I grab my phone and check the time. I notice Barry texted me, suddenly the memories of last night come flooding back to me. Tears fill my eyes.

"I didn't drink enough." I mutter, I roll over to lay on my side not realizing I was on the edge of the bed. I groan again as I fall off my bed onto the floor. "Ow," I groan, I sit up and rest my head on my bed. Now my headache or hang over is worse.

I eventually get up and walk into the kitchen grabbing an apple. I sit at the table and eat my apple.

Why do I always find myself in this position. Eating an apple at seven in the morning after drowning my feelings in alcohol. I hear my phone ring in the other room. I put my apple down and walk into my bedroom. I answer my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cait," I hear the happy time of my friends voice through my phone.

"Hi Barry, how are you?" I ask.

"Good, how are you?" He asks, I bite my lip.

"Fine," I respond. Why did I say that? "Okay well bye." I say hanging up. I groan and walk into my bathroom. I open my medicine cabinet and grab the headache relief... great it's empty. You think I would learn to always have an extra bottle of medicine.

I open my closet and grab an outfit for myself. A white loose fitting long sleeved shirt, black pants, and black high heels. Once I'm changed I do my makeup and hair. I look in the mirror.

"Today is gonna be a good day." I whisper hoping that it will convince me to be positive. I smile at my reflection and leave my apartment and begin my drive to work.

"Hey Cait." I hear Barry say as I walk into the cortex. I close my eyes as Barry's voice rings intensely in my ears and head. Not because I'm in love with him, because I have a hang over.

"You okay?" Cisco asks me when I open my eyes.

"I may or may not have finished two bottles of wine after you dropped me off last night." I whisper to Cisco, he gives me a concerned look.

"Oh my god Caitlin." He says, I sit down in my chair and turn on the computer.

"Hey guys." I hear the loud peppy voice of the one and only Iris West say. Wait... since when does Iris come to STAR Labs?

"Hey honey how are you?" Barry says, I keep my eyes on my desk so no one can see the tears burning in my eyes.

"You okay Caitlin?" Barry asks me, I frown. Since when does he call me Caitlin when he's asking me if I'm okay? "Caitlin, hello earth to Caitlin." He says waving his hand in front of my face. I push my tears back and look at him.

"What?" I ask, he sits in the chair next to me, then looks at Cisco how nods.

"Hey Iris let me five you a tour." Cisco says leading Iris out of the cortex.

I look away from Barry and pretend to work.

"Cait, Cait look at me." Barry says, I don't look at him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I say, Barry turns my chair towards him. "What?" I ask.

"What's wrong?" He asks again, I look down.

"Nothing," I mumble, Barry sighs and leans back in his chair.

"Caitlin you can talk to me." He says.

"Can I?" I mumble, Barry uses his hand to lift my head up.

"Cait-"

"I sorry Barry, I'm sorry." I cry before running out I'd the cortex. I hear Barry calling my name but I don't turn back. I enter the elevator, as soon as the door closes I collapse to the floor sobbing.

A/n: this chapter is dedicated to Brooke (iwywswiftie).