~6~

I woke up the next morning in my bed, I rub my eyes and sit up. I grab my phone off the nightstand and see that I got a text from Barry, it reads:

I had fun watching the movie with you last night Cait.

I smile at my phone. I put it down and start getting ready for work. I'm still in my clothes for yesterday but I still need to change. I change into a dark green romper with a light brown belt, and gray shoes. I do my makeup quickly and brush out my hair. I grab an apple from the kitchen and eat it while I get my stuff together.

Once I finish my apple I walk down to my car, and drive off to work. I drive in silence enjoying the alone time before all the chaos at work. Once I arrive I park my car and walk into the building. I enter to cortex and see Iris like tackling Barry. I roll my eyes and sit down at my desk.

"Hey Cait," Barry says, I wave at him feeling a little more confident in my fake happiness than I did yesterday.

I still can't look him in the eye when Iris is around, and I can't even look at Iris. Sometimes I wish I was Iris, then I'd have everything I could ever want. I try to focus on my work but it's hard because Iris is constantly asking me questions.

"You know what Iris, I think Cisco could use your help in the speed lab." I snap after she asks me for something to do for the 800 time, like I'm suppose to entertain her. Barry and Iris frown but I ignore them and continue working.

Eventually Iris gets bored of annoying me and sits in a chair on her phone.

"Cait, could you come help me with this." Barry says, I sigh and walk over to him. He's having trouble on a case he's working on. "I can't figure it out." He says, I roll my eyes and do it for him. "Thank you Caitlin." He says.

"Your welcome," I mutter before walking back into my lab. Seconds later the computers start beeping.

"Meta human!" Cisco yells as he enters the cortex. "5th and Maine!"

"Got it" Barry says he changes into his suit and runs away.

"Um Iris your in my seat." I say polietly, she stares at me.

"Caitlin managages Barry's vitals from there so you need to move." Cisco says, Iris sighs in defeat and gets up.

"Cisco, Cisco." Barry voice says coming over the com's.

"I can't hear you Barry." Cisco says.

"Cisco," I point at my screen.

"I'm going to get him." Cisco says putting on his glasses and creating a breach.

"Cisco, Cisco answer me." I say into the com."

"He's gone, Barry's gone." Cisco's voice sounds faint and the room seems like it's spinning. Barry's gone. A tear was forming, but I wouldn't let it fall. I get up and walk out of the cortex, I walk all the way to the speed lab.

Barry is gone.

I couldn't hold the heartbreak any longer I fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as my grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears.

A/n: oof... I want tea.