7. Whether you want to or not

Marc
I'd called her name a few times but she hadn't answered. I found it amusing. What was she thinking about?

I decided to go to her desk instead.

"Ms. St. Patrick."

She almost jumped from her seat.

"What?"

I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes?"

"Have you made a decision?"

She started tidying up her desk.

"Decision? About what?"

She refused to make eye contact.

"Have you made a decision about moving in with me?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Mia."

"Mr. Paxton?" She'd finally made eye contact with me. "What do you want from me?"

"You'd be safer and I'd feel better if you moved in with me. I'd be better able to protect you if you're close."

"You just want to fuck me every which way you can from Sunday to Sunday."

"That's a part of it too."

"You're disgusting."

"That's not what you said when I had my head between your legs and my tongue inside of you."

"You think too highly of yourself."

"Perhaps, but you weren't complaining, so I must have done something right, or even many things right. If I remember correctly you were even begging me to put my lips between your cheeks."

"I thought we agreed to not speak of this."

"You did. I didn't."

"I'm busy. Go away."

"Lunch?"

"I already ate."

"I'm asking about lunch tomorrow. Obviously You've already eaten. It's almost four. I'm not going to go away. We work together."

"This is sexual harassment."

"We need to discuss the next phase of the current project. I'll give you ten minutes to get ready."

"Yes, sir."

Whenever she felt like I was crowding her or pressuring her she'd always toss the term sexual harassment around. That's not something I'm okay with. For a man of my stature, that term could be detrimental for me and the Paxton name.

I returned to my office and started going over some paperwork. A soft knock came a few minutes after.

"What is it?"

"They called to cancel the meeting a few minutes ago."

"Why?"

"The team leader had a family emergency."

"I see. I guess there's nothing to be done then. You can finish early today. Dinner?"

"I have plans."

"With who? As far as I know you don't have any friends and your sister doesn't live in New York."

"I could say the same about you"

"You could say or you are saying?"

"I could. I really do have plans."

"What time will these plans end?"