8. It's been decided

Mia
I woke to small soft fingers poking my face. It was mini Paxton whose head not to mention hand barely reached the top of the bed. I'm surprised he isn't taller.

"Auntie Mia, where is papa?"

For a child of nine years old he was way too proper and calculating. I could see the questions behind his eyes, but he wouldn't ask; well not now anyway.

"That's a good question. Where is your papa? Shall we go find him?"

He nodded. I had a pretty good idea where papa Paxton was, and we would have words. His son shouldn't have found me in his bed. Nothing happened, but it was still inappropriate.

As suspected, he was fast asleep at his desk. I kind of felt bad, which is why I stopped Zayden from running over and waking him up.

"We should let your papa rest some more. Shall I fix you some breakfast?"

He nodded in that I'm king, you're my servant kind of way. I smiled and muffled the hair on his head. Zayden was easy to feed and take care of. His preferences were simple and rarely changed, unlike his father. By the time he finished his breakfast, his father still hadn't woken up, so I got him ready for school. By the time I finished doing that, his father had appeared.

Thank you, he mouthed.

I rolled my eyes. Zayden was such a sweet child. It was no problem at all taking care of him.

Marc took over after that.

"We should let your Auntie Mia get ready for work. I'll take you to school this morning."

Zayden's face lit up, which told me that his father taking him to school rarely happens.

As they were going through the door I was almost frozen in place by Zayden's question.

"Papa?"

"Yeah, Zee?"

"Why was Auntie Mia in your bed? Are you two going to get married?"

Marc must have seen the horror on my face and couldn't keep the grin off his.

"Would you mind if I married your Auntie Mia?"

Zayden didn't answer for about two minutes.

"I guess it would be ok. She's pretty."

"I agree."

I glared at Marc because obviously I couldn't glare at Zayden. He did nothing wrong. He was a child. His father on the other hand knows better but he was encouraging this foolishness. We would have words later.

I tracked down my phone with the intention of calling Stef to curse her out for abandoning me last night. I have no doubt she disappeared with some guy who probably screwed her brains out all night.

There was a message waiting there for me. It was from the fiend.

See? Even my son approves.

I responded immediately.

He doesn't know any better. You do.

Damn arse!

By the time he returned I had showered and changed into a fresh shirt.

"You seem to like wearing my clothes."

"Don't flatter yourself. There's nothing else to wear and I'm not going to wear the same clothes from last night."

"Should we skip work today?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Should we skip work and stay in bed all day?"