11

❝  I love you, but don't know what to do

❝  I love you, but don't know what to do. ❞

~Charles Bukowski

***

LOVE, complicated! Isn't it? The more Anika tried to decipher her feelings, the more it became complicated. People say the most beautiful feeling is falling in love. Anika had this feeling of love for the first time in her lifetime and she was confused about whether she should be happy or sad about this. Yes! She loved Nirav. Nirav finally won her heart by his sweet and caring nature. She was too shy to express her feelings towards him. Also, she wasn't sure whether he felt the same for her or not. Now when she was actually thinking about it, she recalled Vidhi's words,

"Do you remember how rude you used to be with him? And now when you have finally started opening up to him, why would he want to spoil your friendship, right? He also might be scared to say, right?"

And now she actually felt bad for her behavior towards him. He was totally innocent in all this matter, yet she removed all her frustration on him. And in spite of all this, he always kept calm and was always sweet to her. He always tried to understand her, but she never did the same. The guilt pangs made her restless each passing second. She decided to apologize to him. She wanted to make him feel special.

Later that night after dinner, Nirav was deeply engrossed in his laptop as if it was the most beautiful thing in the world

Later that night after dinner, Nirav was deeply engrossed in his laptop as if it was the most beautiful thing in the world. Anika went and sat beside him but he wasn't ready to look up. She fake coughed in order to grab his attention towards her, but all in vain. Finally, she decided to speak.

"Are you checking my patience?"

"Huh? What?", he glanced a look at her in pure confusion.

"I said, are you checking my patience?", she repeated her words crossing her arms over her chest.

Nirav was still busy on his laptop. Without even looking up at her, he replied, "What? I mean why would check your patience?"

"I am sitting here for so long now and you still are busy with your laptop!", she answered impatiently.

"I am so sorry dear, just give me a few minutes, only a few minutes, promise. This is important. Please!", he said giving her a brief look and continued with his work.

"Fine! Do whatever you want!"

Saying this, she stood up and walked towards the small balcony attached to their room. After a few minutes, as promised, Nirav closed his laptop, went and stood near Anika.

"Its quite cold today, isn't it?"

Anika gave him a sharp look and turned to go. As she was about to leave, Nirav stopped her by pulling her arm. She gave him the stern look once again. He held her by her shoulders and moved her so that she was directly facing him."I didn't know that my wife looked so stunning in this angry young woman look too!"

"Haha so funny!", Anika replied sarcastically.

"Okay okay! I am sorry. I seriously had some very important work which I really didn't want to delay. Sorry!", Nirav said holding his ears and giving her an innocent puppy face expression.

"Oh really! I am your official wife. Your work should not be more important than me. And what was so important that you didn't want to delay, huh?", she questioned.

"You seriously wanna know?", he asked playfully.

"I am asking you, right? So, of course, I want to know. Now answer."

"Well, I was booking tickets to Hawaii.", he answered with a smirk on his face adoring her changing expressions.

"Wait, what? Come again? Are you going to Hawaii? Oh my god! Wow, that's awesome." Anika jumped in excitement.

"Anika, I am not going alone though.", he cleared.

"Dumbo! Why would anyone go to Hawaii alone? Of course, you must be going with your friends.", she said slapping his hand playfully.

"Nope"

"Huh? Then?"

"I am not going to Hawaii, WE ARE GOING TO HAWAII! And by we I mean, we both, you and me!"

Anika jumped into excitement and unknowingly wrapped her arms around his neck leaving Nirav awestruck. It took a few seconds for him to recover from the shock when he finally hugged her back. As soon as she realized what she was doing, she immediately retrieved her hands and looked everywhere except for him. A blush crept her cheeks. He touched her forehead dramatically and said, "Are you okay?"

"Um.. yes obviously. What would happen to me?"

"No, you are behaving bit different today. Few minutes before you actually claimed your right on me being my official wife, just now hugged me. That's so not like you as far as I have seen you.", he said raising his eyebrow.

"Oh C'mon! That official wife part is so true. I am married to you. I am your responsibility now. I should be more important for you than any other thing. And about that hug, I was just too excited." Saying this, she smiled sheepishly.

"Who said you're not important? Of course, you are important to me than any other thing in this world. And about that work, if I would have closed the laptop then and there, I would have missed seeing this excitement of yours.", he said pulling her cheeks.

"Well, that's true. You know I have never been to Hawaii, but I always wanted to go there once. And now you're taking me there. Thank you so much. But may I know the reason for this trip?", she asked.

"First of all, keep that thank you with you. I don't need it. Secondly, you are my official wife. Do I need a reason to go on a trip with you? Plus we haven't actually got a chance to get to know each other. We came back here soon after our wedding and I got hell busy with the office. So I thought it is a good chance to know each other."

"No, you don't need any reason. So when are we leaving?", she asked enthusiastically.

"After four days, that is on Sunday. We are going for a week. I seriously need a break. This last one month has been hectic for me with all the increased office workload."

"Wow!! I am so excited for Hawaii!!" She jumped in excitement.