12

The four days went off quite quickly and it was finally the time for both of them to fly off to Hawaii. Anika was brimming over with excitement throughout the journey and Nirav kept smiling on seeing the small girl inside her coming out. They boarded the flight. It was Anika's first flight journey and she was a bit afraid of it, but Nirav assured her that everything would be fine.

They reached the hotel in the evening. Both of them were mesmerized by the beauty of that place, Hawaii, the dream vacation of almost everyone in the world. It's one of the most beautiful places on the Earth, just like heaven on Earth. They checked into the hotel and headed towards their room. Anika was awestruck by the beauty of the room. It was painted in the shade of very light pink, a king-sized bed was placed in the center, there was a very large glass window with the beautiful beach view.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! This is so beautiful!" Saying this, Anika wrapped her arms around Nirav's neck again leaving him shocked, but this time he recovered soon and hugged her back.

"I am glad you liked it!"

Next morning when Anika opened her eyes, she found that Nirav wasn't there sleeping beside her. She got up immediately and looked around just to find him sitting on the couch deeply engrossed in some thoughts. She went up to him, and said, "What are you thinking so deeply about mister? Any problem?"

"Oh, you're awake, finally! Nope, no problem dear! How about you go and get ready fast, we will go and have the breakfast first and then will head to explore this place. What say?"

"Sounds cool to me. I'll be ready in a few minutes."

After few minutes which seemed like ages to Nirav, Anika was finally all ready to head out

After few minutes which seemed like ages to Nirav, Anika was finally all ready to head out. His mouth fell open as soon as he got a glimpse of her. She wore a plain white knee length skirt with a cute black off-shoulder top. Anika elegantly walked up to him, put her hand under his chin and closed his mouth. "Like what you see?" 

"Anika, you look stunning, seriously!", he gaped at her.

"Well... I know I know. Thank you! Now if you are done staring at me, can we go and have breakfast? I am very hungry, pleaseeee...", she said with a pout stressing on 'please'.

"Um.. well... I wasn't staring at you!" Nirav said nervously.

"Yes, you were Nirav! C'mon, its okay! I know I look beautiful. Now can we please go and have breakfast?"

Like a gentleman, Nirav pulled the chair for Anika and asked her to take the seat, whereas, he went and sat exactly opposite to her. While they were busy going through the menu card, the couple sitting at the table beside them started quarreling. 

"How can you be so irresponsible Rose? Don't you know I don't like mushrooms? Still, you ordered the dish which has mushroom? What type of wife are you?  That's so disgusting...", the man literally screamed at the lady who supposedly was his wife. Until now, they had grasped each and every person's attention towards them. The lady was almost on the verge of crying. She tried to calm him and said,

"Sorry Frank, but I seriously didn't know the dish had mushroo..."

"Shut your bloody mouth, you bitch!", he said cutting her off.

These much words were enough to light the fire within Anika. She stormed towards their table, Nirav following her, trying to stop her. But before he could say a word, Anika snapped at the man. "Excuse me, sir. I know this is none of my business and it's your personal matter, but in any case, you don't have the right to speak to your wife in such an accusing way? And why only wife, one should never speak to a girl in that way..."

"Thanks for coming up to here dear, but trust me everything is cool between us. This is his way to express his love", the lady, Rose intervened to which her husband, Frank gave her a furious look.

"Love? Like seriously? Get over it!", Anika said to her and turned towards Frank when Nirav pulled her hand saying,

"Anika! Leave them alone.", Nirav said trying to pull her away.

"No Nirav, did you see how he was talking to her.. just let me finish this off...", leaving Nirav she turned back towards Frank and said, "And you mister, you better watch your mouth when you speak. Look at your wife, she loves you so much, and what are you giving her in return? Insulting in front of everyone? Not fair! Always remember, if you give respect, you will get respect. Also, always talk to girls politely. AM I CLEAR?", she literally screamed at him.

Giving Anika a death glare, Frank pulled his wife and burst out of the dining area. Nirav asked Anika to sit down. He handed her a glass of water saying, "Here have this! And calm down..."

"How can I calm down Nirav? Did you see the way he was talking to her? My god! How did she manage to tolerate all his rudeness. If I would have been at her place, I would have kicked such person out of my life. It's better to be alone than to have such accusing husband!"

"Chill chill girl! It's their personal life and we don't have any right to speak between them.", Nirav answered trying to calm her.

"I know it's their personal life but the way he behaved was wrong, absolutely wrong.", Anika said vexedly.

"Yes, yes I know but we can't help now. It's after all that lady's decision. And now they are not even here, so why talk about them. Let's have the breakfast."

She nodded.

"Nirav.."

"Hm...."

"As per their looks and conversation, it seemed like they both are together for quite long now. But why do you think that the lady, that is, Rose is still bearing him?", she asked in a soft voice. 

"Maybe because she is in love...", he said.

"What kind of love is this to tolerate the abusing husband?", she questioned again.

"You won't understand it unless you have actually experienced the feeling of love... just let it go.", he answered spontaneously.

The color of Anika's face changed at the mention of 'love'. Was he right? Has she never experienced the feeling of love? But she loved Nirav., though didn't have the guts to express it to him. Nirav broke her chain of thoughts and said, "I had never seen this side of yours, Anika. I liked this side of yours too. I am impressed by your boldness."

Anika smiled at his words.