28

9 am Boston

9 am Boston

Anika rushed towards her classroom trying her best to be on time. She reached the class and was relieved to see that the professor had not yet arrived. The moment she took a seat, the professor entered the classroom and began his lessons. Moments later, as always, Aaron made his entry gaining a stern look from the professor and to Anika's surprise he made his way directly towards her. He took the seat beside her like a bolt from the blue.

Anika had so many questions in her mind to ask Aaron but she decided to take a rain check not wanting to get into a detention for not paying attention in the class.

The class ended and before leaving, Aaron turned to Anika and asked being conscious of the surroundings, "I have promised you to help you with something, remember?" Anika nodded. "Then meet me at the college cafe sharp at 12. I'll be waiting.", he concluded and without even waiting for her reply, left the room.

", he concluded and without even waiting for her reply, left the room

12 noon Boston

Anika hurried towards the college cafe still uncertain whether she should be meeting Aaron or not. She opened the door of the cafe and gazed all over the cafe in search of a sign of Aaron. She found him sitting at the corner table sipping his coffee, busy on his phone. She made her way towards him and took a seat across him. She cleared her throat to gain his attention. Looking up from his, he said, "Hey." Anika smiled. He further asked, "Would you like to have a coffee or something else?" Anika raised an eyebrow and said sarcastically, "Someone's being a gentleman, eh?" He laughed at her words. "Let's cut the crap and get to the main point. So tell me what's on your mind?", Anika asked. Aaron smirked on this and said playfully, "Oh sweetheart, why are you always in a hurry to know everything?" Anika's one stern look was enough to let Aaron know to stop his nuisance and get to the point.

"Okay so getting to the main point, the band you mentioned yesterday, 'Rock Heaven' right?", Anika nodded. "Yeah. Well 'Rock Heaven' was one of the topmost musical bands in America.", said Aaron. His words confused Anika. What did he mean by 'was', she thought. To clear her doubts, she asked, "What do you mean by 'was'?" Answering her question, he said, "Yes it 'was'. The lead singer of that band met with an accident a few months back which caused a great loss for them. They had to cancel all their upcoming concerts." Anika listened intently. "My uncle's friend is a guitarist in that band and I had a conversation with him about this yesterday after listening to you. I searched for your husband's work on google and luckily I found a few videos on youtube, though they are like almost 6 years old, they worked. I showed those videos to him and his band members. George, the person whom you had met at your Hawaii trip," Anika nodded, "He was pleased to see those videos and he still wishes Nirav to join their band. They are holding auditions to find a perfect replacement for their lead singer. Till now, almost all the people who gave the auditions didn't fulfill their expectations. They want Nirav to come here and give the audition once. They have really high expectations from him."

"Okay. But the main issue is how to bring Nirav here. I know he won't listen to me and come here for his passion by leaving his parents.", Anika said worriedly. "That's what I am here for baby." This statement of Aaron gained another stern look from Anika and he chuckled on it. Ignoring her stern look, he narrated his entire plan to her to bring Nirav all the way from India to Boston just to give the auditions. "Don't you think this is not correct? This isn't the right thing to do.", she said. Aaron leaned back on his chair resting his arms lazily on his head and said, "Drastic times call for drastic measures. The ball is in your court now. I don't find any other reason from him to come here leaving everything back there. I know he hates me too much for my rudeness at our first encounter and he loves you so much. Think about it thoroughly and then take the decision. " Saying that he stood up and left the cafe leaving behind numerous thoughts in Anika's mind.  

7:30 am India

7:30 am India

Nirav was draping his tie around his neck standing in front of the mirror when his phone buzzed flashing the caller id as 'Myra'. She had never called him before. Wondering what the matter was, he received the call and said, "Hello."

The line was silent for a few seconds when Myra finally spoke from the other side, "Am I speaking to Nirav?"

"Yes Myra, it's me Nirav.", Nirav answered.

"Ni-Nirav...", she stammered, "Nirav, can you please come here?"

"What is the matter, Myra?", asked Nirav in a tensed tone.

"I don't know how to tell this, but Anika met with a small accident outside her cafe today. She isn't injured much, just a few scratches. But she was unconscious when she was brought home. I have taken care of her injuries. It's good that Aaron was there at that moment and immediately brought her home safely.", Nirav gasped on the other side of the phone. He was totally panic-stricken. He almost yelled on the phone, "WHAT? I knew that guy is not at all trustworthy. I had told Anika to stay away from him, but only if she would ever listen to me. He must have done something wrong to her, I am pretty sure.". 

Trying to calm him, Myra said, "First listen to me Nirav, please. She is fine now. From the moment she gained her consciousness, she is constantly demanding to see you. also, she wants you to not tell this anyone. Please come and visit her once and don't tell about the accident to anyone, she doesn't want everyone to be tensed."

"Okay, I'll catch the next flight and come there. But before that, can I talk to Anika please?", he asked.

"Um... I am sorry Nirav but she is sleeping right now. I'll ask her to call you once she wakes up. Okay?", said Myra. 

With that, he quickly packed his stuff and was ready to go to meet his Anika. Seeing him with the luggage all of a sudden, his parents questioned him but he just shoved all of their questions saying that he is going overseas for some urgent meeting.

 Seeing him with the luggage all of a sudden, his parents questioned him but he just shoved all of their questions saying that he is going overseas for some urgent meeting