34

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E   :

Hello guys. Here I am with the next update. Just don't kill me for this chapter, please! You might think that this chapter is the end of the story, then let me tell you that its not "THE END". But also, the story is almost on the verge of ending. Just a few more chapters and the book will be completed. Till then, fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the journey through this chapter! :)

 Till then, fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the journey through this chapter! :)

That was a tough day for Anika. Resigning her job was the most excruciating part of that day. Stepping out of the office knowing that she won't be ever stepping in again was not easy for her. It was the place where she worked for past two and a half years. When she was collecting all her belongings from her cabin, her eyesight landed on a photograph placed on the table beside her laptop. It was a picture of her post-graduation ceremony, the moment when she actually achieved her dream. She took that frame in her hand and stared at it briefly with a heart brimming over with emotions. Discerning that she was already getting late for the concert, she quickly pushed the frame into her bag and dashed towards the concert.

Anika arrived in the nick time when the show was just about to start and settled herself on the front VIP seats. She glanced all over the stage to find Nirav but he was yet nowhere to be seen. After a few seconds, when he finally made his entry onto the stage with a guitar in his hand, a quick smile adorned her lips.

The concert went on smoothly with continuous wild cheers from the audience appreciating the band. The passion for their work and dedication towards music was clearly perceptible. Sitting there as an audience, Anika could sense the madness for music within Nirav, she could feel the happiness within his soul while singing up there onto the stage. That feeling made her feel guilty for her decision she was going to tell him after the concert.

After the concert, Anika went backstage to Nirav's green room so as to meet him. She knocked lightly on the door just to hear him saying come in from the other side. She stepped into the room closing the door behind. His eyes sparkled on seeing her.

"That was amazing, those roars from the audience and everything. You guys surely rocked the stage.", she chirped appreciating him. 

"Thank you, sweetheart.", he said, coming near her and giving her a light kiss on her forehead. "You were going to tell me the reason why were you so happy yesterday. I am waiting to know that reason. Please enlighten me about it."

"Not here, please. If you are done, can we go home and discuss it?", she asked.

"Okay sure.", he answered.

", he answered