31

Nirav's hands went absolutely numb due to the excitement and nervousness about the audition

Nirav's hands went absolutely numb due to the excitement and nervousness about the audition. He kept blabbering about his nervousness to Anika throughout their ride to the studio. Anika kept adoring his face which for the first time looked like a small kid who was overjoyed because his wish was fulfilled.

They entered the studio and Nirav was amused by the beauty and simplicity of the place. The walls were fully covered with the photographs of that band performing at various concerts. The glass shelves on a wall displayed all their achievements in the form of trophies and certificates.

George greeted Anika with a smile and a quick handshake and Nirav with a warm hug expressing how happy he was to finally have Nirav there. He introduced Nirav to each member of the band, the members who were amusingly great at their work, their music reflected their passion for it, and that kinda intimidated Nirav. A wave of nervousness flowed through his heart making him more anxious about his performance. He wanted to give his best. He wanted that everyone present there, at that particular moment, to understand his passion for music. He didn't want to give his best not only because he was dying to be there, but also wanted to make Anika proud of him. She took efforts for him to get there and he didn't want to disappoint her by making any blunder mistake.

A blonde guy, few inches taller than Nirav, handed him a guitar. Nirav got seated in the middle of the room, he was surrounded by all the band members and Anika of course, each one of them eager to hear his voice looked at him expectantly. All the curious eyes squarely focused on him made him more nervous. He looked up at Anika who gave him an assuring smile. He closed his eyes shut trying to forget about his surroundings and calm his mind. He took a deep breath, gently placed his fingers on the strings on the guitar and started playing a melodious tune. In no time, his lips were moving in synchronization with the music. He was fully drenched in the emotions of the song he was singing, away into his own world unknown about the surroundings.

When Nirav finally ended the song, unwillingly coming out of his own beautiful world, he slowly opened his eyes and scanned all the faces around him, the faces which were brimming over with expressions, just that he was not sure what those expressions exactly depicted. He slowly averted his gaze towards George expectantly to know what he thought about his audition performance. As soon as their eyes met, a wide smile crept on George's lips and he started clapping in appreciation. Rest of them soon joined in clapping their hands together for Nirav. He got up from the chair and bowed his head down in front of everyone saying a quick thank you.

"This is what we were looking for, isn't it guys?", George asked his bandmates and everybody cheered a yes excitedly.

"So here you go Nirav, welcome to Rock Heaven!", George said to Nirav handing him the bond papers.

"Thank you so much. I am so happy to be a part of such an amazing and passionate team. Thank you very much.", Nirav said to everyone present there.