19

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E   :

Hello to all my wonderful readers. 

Are there any questions in your mind about this story so far? Or did you find any part or character confusing or difficult to understand?

If so, then add your doubts or questions in the comments and I'll try to answer them in one of the upcoming chapters!

Nirav tried his best to surrender himself to the sleep but all his efforts were in vain. Anika's words kept playing and replaying in an infinite loop within his mind.

"If this is going to continue, trust me, I'll leave everything and go away.I am just fed up with my life. What's the use of such life when I myself cannot decide what should I do and what I shouldn't?"

Her words had made a deep cut on his heart and that was aching continuously. He had seen his parents behavior when he had dared to ask them for the permission to take up music as his career. Just for the sake of saying, he was from a modern family. But was his family i.e. his parents were modern in all sense? The answer was obviously no. Though they were living a modern life, their mentality was still the old one. He had learned one thing from his past experience, that arguing with his parents was worthless. At the end they make him do what they want without caring about what he actually wants. Considering Anika's case, deep down his heart he knew that his parents won't agree about her working at any cost, but he still had the hope that will. Before the wedding, Anika had asked him whether it was fine with him if she continues her work after marriage. At that very moment, he knew that this will be creating conflicts but the only fear of losing her made him answer her that her continuing to work even after marriage would be absolutely fine. Little did she knew about his parents' mentality back then.

She said she will leave everything and go away. This statement of hers troubled Nirav deeply. She was the only happiness in his life and even the thought of losing her made him restless. He knew Anika was an ambitious woman and making her sit at home doing nothing will give her nothing but frustration.

Before he could realize, it was morning already. He kept staring blankly at the ceiling troubled with his thoughts and Anika lying beside him, fast asleep who was cuddling Nirav. Anika's slight movement disturbed his chain of thoughts and compelled his mind to divert his eyes from not-so-very-interesting ceiling to a very beautiful face of Anika. He stared at her face, smiling mildly at her innocence. Anika caught him staring at her as soon as she opened her eyelids. She gave him a sweet smile which he returned back. Kissing his cheek she chirped, "Good morning my love!"

"Good morning sweetheart! I wish I could hold you like this in my arms and keep staring at your beautiful face for lifelong.", he greeted back shooting his best smile ever.

She just smiled instead of saying something and rested her face on his chest closing her eyes. He lightly pecked her forehead and said, "We are leaving Hawaii tonight. Don't you think we should go shopping and buy some gifts for our parents and Anish?"