VI. Baby Girl

Kabanata 6

Baby Girl.

"Do we even need that? Bakit ko ibibigay sa 'yo ang ipinagkait mo sa akin four years ago?" I asked him. I was on the verge of crying.

"Daff..." pagod na suway niya.

Four years ago. When, everything was okay, everything was fine... until you decided to ruin it.

Until you decided not to be okay with that everything anymore.

Everything that was meant as us.

"I'm sorry."

Tinulak ko siya at nag-diretso ako sa paglalakad. Nilagpasan ko siya at iniwanan doon.

Why are you sorry now, Darlin?

I have been wanting that sorry four fucking years ago. When you decided that you don't want us anymore. I wanted that sorry. Kaya bakit ngayon lang? Bakit hindi mo noon sinabi?

"It has been four years Daffney!"

Natigil ako sa sinabi niya. Hinarap ko siya kahit malayo na ang distansya naming dalawa.

Yes. It has been four years but it wasn't enough for me. It still wasn't fine with me. I wasn't even prepared to meet you... but I knew that this day would come. Everyone knew, but I wasn't ready. Hindi pa ako handang makita ulit siya.

"Yes!" I shouted. "It has been four years ago, Darlin and I don't even know why it still fucking hurts!"

I travelled the whole world just to forget. To get away with everything that hurts, but nothing happened. The distance, the pain—it didn't change me.

I didn't change, not even a bit.

I just made them believe that I did...

...because he was right all along, I'm still the same old Daffney.

I was still the same girl that fell inlove with him ten years ago.

(Year Two Without You)

Many cameras are flashing in front of me. Marami ding mikropono na naka-tapat sa akin.

I am being interviewed for I was featured in one of the best-selling magazines here in America and even in the Philippines.

"BEAUTY AND BRAINS: Daffney Brish Levanidez; Young and Successful CEO of DSA" that's what the cover says.

In my two years here in America I really pursued my profession in here.

Humingi ako ng budget sa mga magulang ko para makapagpa-tayo ng sarili kong Architectural Firm. I'm really lucky that it succeeded. Hindi lang 'yon, I am owning this company together with Stance. That's why it was named DS Architects. Our initials.

"FILIPINO PRIDE! Young CEO of DSA: Daffney Brish Levanidez" that's what the cover says on the magazine in Philippines. So, some Filipino reporters are also here for an interview.

Ang mga reporters at bloggers  ay naka-upo na ngayon sa mga upuan nila habang ako naman ay sa harapan nilang lahat. Sa isang platform.