XXXVI. Way Back To You

Kabanata 36

Way Back To You

Seventh Day.

It was a box. A sky blue box with a silver ribbon on top of it. Sa takip noong box ay may envelope na nakakapit. It was another letter written by him.

Hi, wifey!

I finally got it! I'm so happy and excited to tell you! It would be so much nicer if you were here with me while looking at this, these memories... so, I decided to send it to you again. I hope this box will cheer your heart up, ako kasi mixed emotions ng makita ko ang laman nito. I was happy and sad at the same time while looking at these.

Yup, medyo heartbreaking ang laman nito. Ay joke na lang pala, baka hindi mo na buksan.

PS: Can you play All I Want by Kodaline while opening this box?

It would be much appreciated.

I love you.

Love,
Darling

So... I did his request, hindi ko alam 'yung kantang sinasabi niya, that's why I searched and downloaded it. Buti na lang at mabilis 'yung Internet namin.

Kinuha ko ang headphones ko at nagsimula na 'yung patugtugin.

I put the music on replay.

All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
Cause if I could see your face once more, I could die a happy man I'm sure

Kinakalas ko pa lang 'yung pagka-ribbon pero naiiyak na ako sa kanta.

When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I laid in tears and bed all night
Alone without you by my side

No...

He's... no...

Naiyak na ako ng tuluyan kasabay ang pagtugtog ng chorus na siyang mas nagpaiyak sa akin.

It was like the song was really made for me, telling me all the things he couldn't say because he didn't have the chance to. Because he never had the chance to.

But if you loved me?

It was a lyric from the song written underneath the picture that was in polaroid style.

It was a picture of him wearing a dark blue tuxedo. He was looking at something and his face was blank and expressionless.

Why'd you leave me?

Then... the second picture was me. It was me wearing a gold gown.

Nakatalikod ako doon at bahagyang naka-side view lang ang ulo ko, my eyes were closed and I was smiling

Take my body, take my body

The third picture broke my heart even more. It was a captured moment of us—me and Darlin... running.

All I want is and all I need is to find somebody, I'll find somebody

The fourth picture was us again.

Nakataas iyong veil ko at nililipad. Our noses were touching. We were both looking down but, we were both happy.

I remembered how happy I was that day. I remembered how happy and excited we were that day for the future.

You brought out the best of me
A part of me I've never seen.

It was us again. He was hugging me from the back. Ang kamay niya ay nakapulupot sa bewang ko at hawak ko naman ang mga kamay niya. He knew that I live for those kind of hugs, that's why he requested a picture of us posing like that.

I was wearing a blue tube top there that was made from silk, while he was wearing a vest and white pants.

We were both looking at each other and we were laughing. God, that day was unforgettable. It was one of the best days of my life... how I wish it happened.

Our love was made for movie screens

It was a picture of us trying to imitate a picture of Cinderella and his Prince Charming. We were wearing the same outfits they had on when they got married.

Si Darlin ay nakaluhod sa picture at isinusuot sa akin ang aking sapatos.

I smiled as I touched them. It was our Pre-Nuptial photos.

Our theme was Disney Princesses. Tandang-tanda ko pa na ang saya ko lang talaga noong araw na iyon. Ni hindi ko naramdaman ang lahat ng pagod ko noon. From all those shots na kailangang ma-perfect, isama mo pa 'yung papalit-palit kami ng damit.

As long as siya iyong kasama ko, I was always at ease. Magaan lang palagi sa pakiramdam. I would never get tired.

If you loved me, why'd you leave me?

It was another imitation. Gaya ng pagtakbo ni Cinderella sa Prince Charming niya.

He was at my back, chasing me.

While I was captured running.

Like Cinderella, I ran away.

Hindi man 12 midnight, tumakbo pa rin ako palayo sa Prince Charming ko.

My Prince also searched for me, across the countries. Overseas.

Wondering if the shoe would still fit.

I know... I'm no Cinderella, wala naman akong evil stepmother at stepsisters. Hindi rin naman ako ginawa at naging katulong... but Cinderella and I have one thing in common.

Cause... eventually I will.

I will find my way back to you, Prince Darling.