A feeling of home. (Play video when you see mermaid photo)

When it's time for lunch, Melody tells me that she can't come. 

"I have to go study for my oceanography test." My face quickly brightened.

"Oh I can help! I'm REALLY good at oceanography! It's one of my FAVORITE classes because I know so much about the ocean!" I realized that I was a little TOO hyper and was drawing attention. Melody placed a finger on her lips to motion for me to talk more quietly.

"I know you do! But this studying on my OWN helps ME understand more of your kind. Without your help." I could feel my face lowering. Melody pulled me in for a hug. "This has been the best few hours of my life!" I embraced her. 

"Mine to. And I understand you want to do something on your own about the ocean." Melody hugged tighter.

"Thanks sis," she pulled away. The feeling of her warmth had disappeared faster than it had appeared. 

"Catch you later!" My face paled.

"What !?" I gasped. Melody shook her head quickly.

"Oh! No no no no no!" She cried. "It's just an expression us humans use!"

I breathed out.

"Oh! Oh! Okay! It just scared me a little." My voice  was still a little weary. Melody smiled weakly before one of her friends pushed her away. As she was pushed away, I heard her call out over her shoulder,

"See you later, Luna!" I nodded.

"Yeah. See you."

But she was already gone.

~~~~~~~20 Min later~~~~~~~

Since I wasn't interested in Human food, I decided to go to the lake behind the tourney feild. I looked around to make sure no one was watching. Then, I closed my eyes and dived into the water. I could feel my tail forming again.  

The familiar feeling of freshness washed over me. I swam deeper into the abyss.

I raised my head to start singing a song my mother had taught me.

The notes flew out of me easily, for I had the voice of a siren.

 My voice rose as I swam around a school of fish.

I swam over a boulder and through a reef. Right now, the stings didn't even hurt. In fact, they felt relaxing.

 In fact, they felt relaxing

  I swam past a few lake turtles. One of them swam along with me for a few minutes before joining its friends. I was about to reach the last note of my song, when I felt something hard hit my tail. I stopped singing. (Pause Video)I winced at the sudden pain. I dive deeper into the water to keep from being hit again. I examined what had hit me. It was a small stone. Must have come from the surface. Which meant someone or something else was here. I swam behind a rock, in hopes that no one could see me. But when I looked up closer through the water. I could see that that person,

Was Carlos. I gasped. What was he doing here? He continued to throw stones. I looked around . If I swam through the tunnel, I could make my way back to the ocean. Then I could transom into a human when I was on the beach! But the beach was crowded. My only option was to face Carlos . Or scare him.

I grabbed a hold of the necklace around my neck. My fingers trembled as I sang the distraction spell.

"Oh  sweet water,

Show me, 

My enemies 

Deepest fear.

Bring it now

To my sight

Take my

Opposer , to endless fright!"  When I had finished the spell, there was  a bright shine of light. It exploded, revealing a small, harmless dog at Carlos's feet. The spell hadn't worked? But why bring a puppy? I was about to try again when I heard Carlos scream like  a kraken. He turned and ran across the feild. With the dog at his heels. When I was sure he was gone, I swam back up to the surface. When I was on land, my tail quickly turned back to legs. I felt bad for scaring Carlos ,but I had no choice! My mom said it was okay to reveal who I was. But that didn't mean i wanted to. I sighed before running back to the cafeteria. Back to the bustling, exhausting commotion of the human world.

Hopefully, not forever.