I want the truth.

It was now 5:00 pm and I had decided to change to something different before meeting up with Carlos.

Just then, a wheezing Charlotte ran into my room. 

"O.M.G! Did you hear about the new kid?" She practically screamed. I chuckled.

"No... Who is it?" Char rolled her eyes.

"Of course. I should've known." She grumbled. I was taken aback by the insult.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said sounding like a sad 1st grader. Charlotte smiled at my pouting.

"It's just that," she paused. "Your so out of loop with the social system." She said now close to a whisper. I was surprised at this comment. Sure I didn't talk much to people, but I still considered myself a social person. I know how crazy that sounds, but somehow it was true.

I looked at Char for a moment before responding. "That's ridiculous. I love gossip." I lied. Charlotte(Of course) could see through me.

"Yeah right." She rolled her eyes at me. "Anyway I didn't come here to talk about you being social suicide," I rolled my eyes. "I came to ask you for advice about what to wear for Shade!" She squealed. I stared at her in disbelief.

"Excuse me?" I spat. "I don't know the first thing about what to wear for a boy! I always just used my tail!" I whined. "Besides," I said with my nose in the air. "I have plans..." The sly grin on Charlotte's face disappeared and was replaced with a straight line on her mouth and her eyes narrowed to slits.

"With who?" She asked skeptically. I panicked. Should I tell her? I wouldn't want her to try and come along. I was already 15 minutes late as it was, I didn't need to show Carlos I was un-loyal as he was by bringing a guest to tag along. But then again, this was Charlotte. My BFF since I was a young mer. I could tell her anything. I sighed.

"With Carlos." I answered sheepishly. Charlotte's face paled.

"what?" She said in a shrill scary voice. "Luna that's crazy talk!" She walked around me, staring me down. "No wonder you're all dressed up! I should've known." My throat caught.

"Stop saying that!" I whisper yelled. "You're being ridiculous! We're just going to talk about the wand." I closed my eyes and tried to take deep breaths. "Nothing more." I said when I had opened my eyes. Charlotte immediately turned around to pick up her purse.

"Then I'm coming with you. But i'll need to change." The last part she said more to herself than me. I shook my head.

"No you don't and you're not coming." I said in a tone that I hoped sounded serious. Charlotte looked at me with a fire in her eyes that almost made me shrink back.

"Luna, You know how dangerous this is. This could be a setup by him and his friends. I refuse to let you go alone." She sounded even more serious than i did, but I wasn't backing down.