"The new girl."

"Look at her clothes! She's SO weird! Isn't she Melody's sister? No way!  I saw scales on her legs yesterday!" This is what I had been hearing while walking through the hallways of Aurodon prep alone. Lonnie, Jane, and Charlotte had gone off to art class. So I was left with no other friends. I tried to ignore some of these comments about me, but sometimes I'd turn around, look at the person, and say,

"Why not talk about somebody else? Like yourself perhaps! You have so many things wrong with  you, why not  turn that into an interesting conversation?" That usually shut them up. But it didn't make me feel any better about myself. 

I was walking to my next class, when  Audrey bumped into me, making my books fall flat against the ground.

"Whoops!" She said. "It's not safe for someone so tiny to be carrying such big books!" The whole hallway started laughing. I knelt over to pick up my books, but she kicked them further form my reach. "OMG! I am SO clumsy! Sort of like you're Mom!" People laughed even harder. Hot tears threatened to fall, but I pushed them back.  Audrey kneeled beside me.

"Why don't you tell them what you really are? Sea slug." She whispered coldly. A small gasp escaped my lips.

"H...how do you know?" My voice broke. Audrey smiled cruelly.

"Your sister talks an AWFUL lot about you to her friends." She sneered.

I was in shock. How could Melody do that to me? I was her sister! 

I looked Audrey in the eye.

"I don't need to tell them. You can. Tell them what I really am. A beautiful sea creature who can sing like an angel and can swim as fast as lightning. Oh! And whom will never lose their spectacular  body shape."

I leaned in closer to Audrey. "Kind of like some People already are." I pointed to her belly. Her face reddened. She stood up.

"Whatever!" She sneered before walking off. I wiped away tears that had stained my cheeks. Carlos spotted me from the hallway and ran over. 

"Hey are you okay? Let me help you up." He offered a hand, but I slapped it away.

"I don't need your help. Your hands are covered in Chocolate anyway." Carlos pulled his hand away and wiped it across his jacket. I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry... just looked like you needed help..." he mumbled. I shook my head.

"Well I don't! Especially not from a VK like you." I jumped up and leaned in closer to Carlos. I could here him gulp. "I'm on to you and your friends. You won't get away with what you're doing." I whispered angrily. Carlos slowly shook his head.

"Luna, you don't understand" he said shakily. For a moment, I wanted to hear what he had to say, but it was immediately pushed down by the thought of all the kingdoms suffering under the power of the Villains.

"I think I do! Watch out Carlos, cause' when I'm mad, I don't play nice." I stated coldly before turning on my heel to storm off. 

I sighed. Since when was I the hero in the story?