News.

Charlotte and I quietly trailed down the hallway. I couldn't help but notice the terrible influence Shade was becoming on her. Her hair had been dyed a lighter shade and she was wearing a smoky eye shadow and red lip dye.  Not to mention her tight skinny jeans, short top and 3 inch heels. She had also started to spend more time with him. More than with me and the girls. It was really affecting our friendship.

"So. You and Shade getting serious?" I asked. Charlotte scrunched up her lips.

"Yeah. I guess. But he's a little demanding." She said while starting to fiddle with her hair. "He's caught up on this idea that every damsel needs help. He's never letting me do what I want to do. He says a pretty girl like me shouldn't do any work." She grumbled. I nodded slowly.

"What do your parents think of him?"

"They haven't met him yet. I'll introduce them on family day." She muttered. I stopped her just as we were getting to our dorms.

"Charlotte, why are you with him?" I asked seriously. She just rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips.

"Why are you with fur boy?" She spat. 

I was stunned into silence.

But only for a moment.

I was determined to wipe that smug smirk off of Charlotte's heavily caked face.

"He's an actual good influence!" I yelled back. Charlotte crossed her arms over her chest and rolled her eyes.

"So is Shade! He said I look prettier this way!" She yelled back. 

"What are you talking about Char Char?!"

"Don't call me that! God, we're not kids anymore Luna." She muttered. I laughed angrily.

"Oh! So, before we were, but now that Shade's in the picture we're not? Charlotte, the girls and I have noticed changes in you. You're not your regular self. We want Char back." Charlotte stared at me coldly.

"This is 'Char' if you can't handle her then," she paused. "Then maybe you're not really my friends." 

That's when I lost it.

"Not really you're friends!? You're absolutely crazy! Go hang out with Shade for all I care. You two deserve each other. You're both dumb." I didn't let her respond because I angrily walked off before she could say anything else. 

I found a spot behind the school. I slumped down against the wall. And I cried.

~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~

I walked myself down the hallways, deciding not to go to my dorm room. I spotted Carlos and his friends muttering something. I ran up to them and pulled Carlos away. His friends didn't notice though.

"OMFG, Carlos you will never guess what-"

"Luna, we can't do this anymore." Carlos dropped his eyes to the ground. 

My heart stopped.

"What?" I asked faintly. Carlos ran a hand through his hair.

"This. It's unrealistic. You know I'm a practical person." He offered me a  smile but it came out strained and forced. I pushed back from him.

"Yeah," I sniffed as I pushed myself away from him. Carlos had a pained expression on his face, "But I didn't know you were a Jerk too." I spun away from him and ran to my room. I could hear him call after me but I kept running. The tears came fast and furious.

I had lost everything in an hour. My life was shattering. More than anything I wanted to go home. But I couldn't. I had a job to do.