Secrets.(short chapter)

After class, me and Charlotte walked to her locker. It was right next to Mal's. While Charlotte grabbed her books, I listened to Mal and Evie whisper about something. Mermaids had large eardrums for hearing underwater. It came in handy sometimes. Charlotte couldn't hear anything, but I could.

"I'm telling you Evie, if Jay keeps messing up the plans, we'll never be able to steal the wand!" Mal said. My heart stopped.

"Don't say that Mal! we'll get the wand. We'll just have to come up with another plan. One that doesn't require Jay running into force feilds." Evie said before her and Mal walked off.

"Gosh! This book really IS stuck!" Charlotte, completely oblivious to what had just happened, continued to yank on a big book inside her locker. I waved a hand and the book flew out of the locker.

"Hey, Thanks!" Charlotte beamed. But she stopped smiling when she saw my expression. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Charlotte..." I turned my eyes to hers. "The villains are going to steal the wand." Charlotte starred at me with intensity.

"Would you kill me if I told you I already knew that?" She asked sheepishly. I stood stiffly.

"What?"  My voice was small and shallow. "How do you know? Unless..." My voice trailed of as I realized something so shocking, I stepped back an inch from Charlotte.

"No! It's SO not what you think! I overheard Mal and Evie talking in the hallway to the dorms. I was to scared to say anything. They are villains after all, what if they attacked me or my family?" Charlotte now sounded scared and vulnerable. I stepped towards her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, That wouldn't happen. God knows I wouldn't let it!" I told her. Charlotte smiled weakly.

"Thanks, Sea foam."

"No problem, Char Char." I smiled back. "Now," I continued. " What are we going to do?"

Hey guys! I'm sorry this chapter was short, I just got back from NY and I'm feeling pretty tired. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I really tried because lately, I've been having some writers block and it's getting in the way of my creative bubble. Anyway, hope you guys liked this chapter please vote and comment. (Especially comment) and I hope to see you next time! Bye! And remember, I ❤️U!!!