Unexpected friendship

I awaited eagerly for Carlos at the gate an hour after  the tourney game. He and his friends had decided it was funny to trick Ben into thinking he loved Mal. How do I know this you ask? I know a love potion when I see one. He sang a whole SONG! Although I did enjoy the sight of Audrey sulking. If only for a little bit before hooking  up with Chad. Not really a surprise. 

I suddenly felt two hands snake around my waist pulling me backwards into their chest. I pushed away the urge to smile. "Carlos, this isn't funny." I said in a failed attempt to sound serious. He laughed against my neck. Sending a chill down my spine.

"I know and I'm sorry. But you know why we have to do this." He turned me around so I was facing him and his eyes. I shook my head.

"Yeah, but Carlos I could help you. Not by stealing FG's wand but, maybe I can help convince your parents to stop?" It was a lousy argument but what else could I say? Carlos sighed in frustration.

"Luna, you know that would never work." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Never say never." I shook a finger In front of his face. He chuckled.

"Never..." he trailed off before leaning into me. I returned the gesture. Our lips met in a slow embrace. Carlos pulled me into his chest as our kiss switched to a fiery makeout. I was first to pull away.

"You sneaky rascal." I accused. Carlos smiled.

"I couldn't help it." He whined as I began to walk back to the school. I turned briefly to look at him only to find he was right behind me. He grabbed my wrist in a gentle gesture before spinning me around to face him. I laughed. 

"Carlos I'll be late." I fake whined. Carlos smirked.

"Wouldn't it be worth it though?" I rolled my eyes.

"No..." I lied. Carlos could see right through me. 

"Awww... that hurts." He pushes back in mock pain. I chuckle.

"Good. Carlos I'll see you later." I said in my most final tone. Carlos sighed in defeat.

"Fine, but first..." He trailed off as he cupped my face in his hand and leaned into me. He wasted no time transitioning into tongue, but I didn't mind. He pushed me back against the door of the cafeteria as his hands inched up my blouse. Even though I was wearing a very ruffled skirt, I could feel the bulge in his pants when his body pressed against mine. I gripped firmly on the blades of his shoulders, smoothing back the familiar feel of faux fur. This time Carlos pulled back. I sighed breathlessly. He winked before leading us back into the school. "After you." He gestured towards the inside. I smiled.

"Why thank you kind sir." The compliment surprisingly made him smile. I smiled back. "What I say?"

"Nothing." We walked right into the lunch hall. Kids were swarming around gossiping and laughing and watching funny cat videos. A sequence I didn't quite understand. 

"Well, I should get to Charlotte's table. She's probably waiting for me and you've held me up for a while." I joked. Carlos's smile grew.

"Your welcome." He said before bouncing off to his own table. I smiled to myself as I made my way to Charlotte. She waved when she noticed me coming and that's when I realized she was sitting on someone's lap. Namely, Shade Hood's lap. He was  nuzzling her neck  while she continued to wave and smile like this was the most normal thing ever. Jane and Lonnie were there to, but they weren't paying attention to me. They were to busy sighing over Shade.

"Hey." I said when I was sitting across from the love birds. Charlotte grinned.

"Hey!" She chirped. Shade ran his hands down her thighs making her giggle and making me squirm.

"Get a room..." Lonnie grumped. I couldn't help but agree. In my mind. Charlotte batted her away like a fly. Shade leaned into Charlotte's ear whispering something that most couldn't hear. But I could. 

"That's not a bad idea." He whispered. Charlotte turned on his lap until she faced him. She offered a sly smirk before turning back to the rest of us.

"Hey guys, me and Shade are going to do some sight seeing." 

Which wasn't a lie. Lonnie and Jane exchanged a knowing look.

"Have fun." They both said. I nodded a goodbye as Shade and Charlotte rushed off in a flurry. Jane sulked openly now.

"Awww. He's gone. Which means so am I." She grabbed her blue lunch bag and trudged off. Lonnie rolled her eyes and followed. I sighed. Across the caff, I could see Melody talking with a bunch of girls. Including Audrey. So she did tell Audrey my secret. For some reason, even though I barley knew her, I felt like she had done a great wrong towards me. I moved myself off the bench and headed towards the door out of the caff but stopped when I noticed Cindy, Richie, Chase, and Amellia laughing at a nearby bench. Sitting with them would probably be better than sitting in my room alone, so I walked over. 

"Hey." I said when I had reached them. The laughter died down. Richie waved eagerly as did Chace. Amellia smiled happily. Cindy just nodded in my direction.

"Sit with us!" Richie hummed, making me smile and do so. Chace smiled shyly.

"So.... Why are you here?" Cindy asked. Not really in a mean gesture more like a curious one. I smiled anyway.

"My friends ditched me for- Well, I don't really know..." I trailed off. Everyone stayed silent. Amellia broke it quickly though.

"Whoa. My friends do that all the time." She eyed everyone at the table. Richie rolled her eyes playfully.

"We do not." She joked. Chace nudged Amelia.

"We would never." He lied. Cindy smiled, a very tiny one.

"Let's not lie you guys." She joked. Amellia threw a fry at her face. 

"Shut up." 

"Hey guys, wasn't that tourney game weird?" Richie asked. Chace shook his head.

"No. The dynamics and plays where awesome. But maybe Ben could've flown a little further down the field, that would've made a fast and easy catch-" Cindy cut him off.

"Not that, tourney whizz." She sighed. 

"He knows everything about tourney, but he's too scared to try out." Amellia explained. I nodded in understanding the same time Chace shook his head.

"I'm not scared! I'm just...cautious." Cindy rolled her eyes.

"Yeah right. Anyway, I knew Ben didn't like Audrey, but I definitely didn't think the VK was his next choice." She continued. It took everything in me not to squirm. Richie nodded along.

"It was definitely weird." She agreed.

"But it was cute. I'm sure they'll make a super cute couple." I smiled at Amellia's enthusiasm. Cindy rolled her eyes again. Chace shrugged. 

"Yeah." I added on.

I was lying.

 I knew the truth. 

The end of lunch bell rung and the group quickly transformed into a sequence of clean up. I helped along. 

"It was nice sitting with you, Luna." Richie said. Amellia and Chace nodded. I even got a real smile from Cindy!

"No problem!" I exclaimed. It was nice to make unexpected friends. Way nicer than the usual drama I had to deal with.