Chapter 3

I woke up surrounded by blinding lights that took me a minute to adjust to. Looking around I could see that I was in the medical center to the left of the cortex. I looked around to try to see if anyone was around. No one seemed to be here. I sat up on the bed I was laying on and looked down at my hands to see several scars. As I stared at my scars I saw one of my hands begin to vibrate at impossible speed causing me to yell out in fear. Cisco and a couple of other people came running in.

"Ella, Ella, it's okay. You're okay." Cisco assured.

I calmed down a bit.

"Who are you two?" I asked gesturing to the two that I didn't know.

"Ella this is Caitlin Snow and Barry Allen. Caitlin was Ronnie's fiance and Barry works with us at Star Labs." Cisco introduced.

"Was? What happened?" I asked.

"Ella, two and a half years ago the -"Caitlin began.

"Wait, two and a half years?" I asked.

"Yes, when the particle accelerator exploded two and a half years ago, you were put into a coma. You also suffered from multiple bone fractures and deep cuts." Caitlin explained.

"So, I'm guessing Ronnie is-" I began to ask.

"Yes, but he died a hero. He is the reason that everyone at Star Labs, including yourself, still lives today." Barry replied.

There was a moment of silence before anyone spoke up again.

"So Ella why did you yell? From the sound of it, you sounded like you were in trouble." Cisco asked.

"My hand was... Oh just forget it I'll sound crazy. You won't believe me." I replied.

"Ella, was your hand vibrating?" Barry asked.

"Yeah? Why?" I asked.

Everyone was silent for a minute.

"Guys, what's going on?" I asked starting to get worried.

"Caitlin, do you think she might be like me?" Barry asked.

"I would need to do some tests but she may be a metahuman," Caitlin explained.

"What's a metahuman?" I asked.

"A metahuman is someone who has powers from the particle accelerator explosion," Cisco explained.

"Ok, what tests would you need to run Caitlin?" I asked.

"I'd just need to take some blood to see if you have been genetically modified," Caitlin explained.

"If you want Ella I could take you to our high-speed treadmill to see how fast you are." Barry offered.

"Why would you need to see how fast I am?" I asked.

"From the sounds of it, you may be a speedster like me," Barry explained.

"Ok. Let's do it." I replied.

After Caitlin had gotten the blood she needed I changed into a pair of Star Labs sweatpants with a shirt and shoes to match. Barry took me to one of the testing rooms where he and Cisco had me go run on a treadmill. I started off running at my normal speed but felt a surge of electricity spark in me. I started running faster and faster. I heard Cisco and Barry shouting out of excitement. It felt amazing running this fast. Pushing myself I could feel the treadmill struggling to match my speed.

"Ok, Ella we're going to slow it down," Barry informed over the intercom.

"Alright," I said as the treadmill slowed to a stop.