Chapter 10

A few days after that I was able to take my casts off. I immediately went to the track to see if I still had my speed. I did but, I was slower than I normally would. With a little help from Barry I was able to get back up to my normal speed.

After handing a couple of criminals off to the CCPD, I ran back over to where Barry was taking care of another robbery across town. He was talking to a couple of officers as I walked up to him.

"Hey, you almost done here Flash?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think so. Is that everything you need officers?" He replied.

"Yes, I think so, thanks Flash." One of the officers replied.

"Just doing my job." He exclaimed.

The officers walked off to join the other officers who were making sure the civilians who witnessed the robbery.

"Wanna race back to Star Labs?" He asked.

"You are dying to win me in a race. Aren't you?" I replied.

"Maybe?" He answered.

"Sure, I'll even give you a head start." I replied.

He sped off as I waited a couple of seconds before speeding off ahead of him. I waited just off to the side of the archway as Cisco gave me an odd look.

"Ella what are you-" Cisco asked.

I held a finger up to my lips to shush him as Barry ran in. He looked around looking for me and jumped up and down excitedly.

"I finally beat her in a race!" He shouted excitedly.

As his back was turned to me I jumped onto his back in a piggy back ride style causing him to yell out in surprise. Cisco and Caitlin burst out in laughter.

"Barry you have a little someone stuck to your back." Cisco pointed out.

"I know that Cisco! Ella, could you get off of me please?" Barry asked.

"Hmm, no don't think so. I'm pretty comfortable up here. Onwards horsie!" I replied pointing forwards with one of my arms.

I heard Barry let out a laugh and start running at a human pace around the room. He eventually had to stop after a while and set me down on the ground.

"Alright, I've got to head off to CCPD. I'll see you tonight Ella." Barry explained kissing me on the cheek.

"See ya Barry." I replied blushing.

He used his speed to take off his suit, changing into regular clothes, and run off to the police station. Leaving me alone with Cisco and Caitlin. After a while Cisco spoke up.

"So, you and Barry, huh?" Cisco asked.

I stayed silent blushing.

"I haven't seen this side of you before Ella." Caitlin added.

"Yeah, who knew that Ella could be shy." Cisco replied.

I used my speed changed into the cream sweater, black leggings, and combat boots before sitting down in a chair behind my desk off to the side.

"So?" Cisco asked.

"So, what?" I replied.

"So, are you and Barry together or not?" Caitlin asked.

"Its just a date." I whispered to myself.

"What was that?" Cisco asked holding a hand up to his ear with a smile.

"I have a date with Barry tonight okay?!" I repeated louder.

"Ooh! Ella and Barry sitting in a tree!" Cisco sang teasingly.

"Cisco! Shush! Stop teasing her." Caitlin scolded.

Cisco immediately stopped singing and looked at me with a serious expression. Harrison then walked into the room with an annoyed expression on his face.

"What's all the ruckus about Ramone?" Harrison asked.

"Barry and Ella are going on a date tonight." Caitlin explained.

I covered my face out of embarrassment trying to hide the red deepening in my cheeks.

"Really? Congratulations Ella. Where's he taking you?" Harrison replied.

"I don't know, he wants to surprise me. Which is a problem since I don't know what I should wear." I responded.

"I can't help you there, sorry Ella." Cisco replied.

The alerts went off indicating that a meta was causing trouble. I put on my suit and started running.

"Where to Cisco?" I asked through the earpiece.

"The park. Careful Ella we don't know what their powers are." Cisco replied.

When I stopped at the park I faced a girl with amber colored hair. People were running everywhere out of panic.

"Ah, Flashette just who I wanted to see." She greeted.

"Why me?" I asked.

"So I can do this." She replied.

She sang a high note sending a beam of blue energy shooting towards me. It collided with me causing me to fall to the ground I saw Barry run onto the scene pushing her off to the side handcuffing her with power dampening cuffs. I felt a burning sensation in my throat as he quickly moved his way towards me. I propped myself up on arm looking at him.

"Are you alright?" Barry asked helping me up.

I tried to talk but it came out as nothing. I put a hand on my throat as I began to panic. I frantically tried to talk or at least make a sound.

"Ella, are you okay? What happened?" Cisco asked through my earpiece.

"The meta shot a blue beam of energy towards her by singing. I think she took her voice." Barry explained.