Chapter 4

I was working in the Tech Room of Star Labs on a machine that could trap Zoom. As I attempted to turn it on it zapped and fizzled letting out a puff of black smoke. Electricity sparked all over as Cisco's voice came over the intercom.

"Ella, we've got a meta causing havoc at Jitters. We need you and Barry to check it out." Cisco informed.

"I'll be right there. Let me turn this thing off first." I said letting out a cough.

I covered my face with my arm protecting me form a spark of electricity almost hitting my face. I felt a rush of wind fly past me ask the smoke cleared form the room. I uncovered my face to see Barry in his Flash suit.

"Thanks Barry." I thanked.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I thought it was ready so I turned it on. It didn't go so well." I explained.

"We can work on it later together if you want but, for now lets take care of this meta." He suggested.

"You go on ahead. I'll meet you there." I offered.

"Alright see you there." He replied rushing off to Jitters.

I ran and put my gold and white Flashette suit on. As I ran towards Jitters I felt another force slam me into the wall next to me. I felt an arm holding me above the ground and against the wall. Looking at the figure who had grabbed me I recognized him as Zoom.

"Ella what happened? I'm needing your help here." I heard Barry ask through my earpiece.

"Barry, Zoom-" I began to reply.

Zoom took out the earpiece and smashed it on the ground. He opened a break to Earth 2 and took me to what I assumed was his lair. I looked around for a brief second before he phased through a glass box. He dropped me and phased back out.

"What do you want with me Zoom?" I asked.

"Your sped and until I can get it you are staying put." Zoom replied.

"This won't hold me I can just phase through like this." I exclaimed as I tried to phase though the glass.

I ran at the glass but, ran into it rather than through it sending me flying against the glass wall behind me.

"As I said before Flashette. You are stying put until I can get your speed." Zoom said again as he ran off.

I tried to phase out of the box again. Once, Twice, Three times before a girl spoke up from the right of me.

"It's not going to work." She said.

I stopped and looked at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The walls have some sort of barrier that only allows him to get though. Even with your speed I believe its impossible to get though." She explained.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Jesse Wells." She replied.

"Well Jesse, I am from a different Earth. No offense to your Earth but, I don't want to spend my life stuck here." I explained. A tear rolled down my cheek " I want to go home."

"This wouldn't have anything to do with a guy now would it?" Jesse asked.

I went silent as I hugged my knees crying to myself silently.

"I know how you feel. I miss my father, Harrison Wells. Its okay to miss someone." She continued.

I remained silent unable to bring myself to talk.

"Who is the lucky guy?" She asked.

"He's my partner who I help stop metahumans. He probably doesn't know how I feel though." I explained.

"He sounds like a good guy." Jesse replied.

"He is. I just hope that he can find a way to get me out of here." I exclaimed.

"You and me both. By the way I didn't catch your name." She replied.

"Call me the Flashette." I replied.

"What are you some sort of superhero or something?" She asked laughing a bit.

"Not superhero to say but, superhero in training. I just got my powers a few months ago." I replied.

"Ah, so your friend is teaching you how to use your powers right?" She asked.

"Yeah, he is. I actually have the same powers as him." I replied.

Jesse and I continued to get to know each other for the next few weeks. I waited and hoped that Barry would come and get me away from Zoom. Jesse told me about her dad and, in return, I told her about my earth and how I got my powers. Eventually I trusted her enough to take off my mask when Zoom wasn't around and told her who I was. I promised her that when I was able to escape I would come back for her. If only Barry would find a way to help me escape.

'Where are you Barry?'