Chapter 9

It had been almost two weeks after Barry had rescued me from Zoom's lair. I was sitting on the couch in front of the TV watching a movie with a blanket covering my shoulders. I still hadn't asked Barry about what he said while we were at Zoom's lair. The speed dampeners had messed with my powers badly. I had broken both of my legs and they were still in casts because my regeneration abilities were not working as they should. Potentially I could still use my speed but, I couldn't tell because of my broken legs. This caused me to have to take some time off from being the Flashette.

I felt a rush of wind fly through my door. As I turned around I saw Barry walking towards me.

"How are you doing Ella?" Barry asked, his face was full of genuine concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied.

"Whenever someone says they're fine they're not. What's wrong Ella?" Barry asked as he sat on the couch next to me.

"Its nothing really." I exclaimed.

He placed his hand on mine comfortingly and looked me straight in the eye.

"Ella, you can talk to me. I'm here for you." Barry assured.

I took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Its about something you said while we were captured by Zoom." I explained.

"Okay?" Barry replied listening earnestly.

"You said that you cared about me as more than a friend. Is that true?" I asked.

I saw Barry's face grow red with embarrassment.

"Y-Yes, it is. I just didn't have the courage to tell you directly. I also didn't want it to ruin or friendship if I told you so I kept it a secret and-" Barry rambled.

"Barry, its okay." I replied.

Barry stopped talking and stared at me in amazement.

"What?" He asked.

"I-Its okay, Barry. This won't ruin our friendship. If anything I would hoe that it would bring us closer." I replied.B

"What do you mean by closer?" Barry asked.

I took a deep breath and looked him in the eye.

"I-I like you Barry. It was the same thing with me. I didn't have the courage to tel you either. I was just afraid that-" I replied.

I was interrupted by his lips pressed against mine and I gave in kissing him back. It felt like fireworks and electricity coursing through me. We broke the kiss and looked at each other deeply in the eyes for a while.

"Ella, would you like to go out on a date with me?" Barry asked.

"Y-Yes!" I replied ecstatically.

Before I knew it he picked me i[ bu the waist and spun around in a circle.

"Barry put me down!" I shouted laughing.

Barry set me down still holding onto me so that I wouldn't fall to the ground. My blue hair fell over my eyes as I looked to the ground smiling.

"You okay?" Barry asked.

"Never been better." I replied looking up at him with a smile.

He and I stayed at my apartment watching a huge list of different musicals. I felt the happiest I have been in months. I felt like the happiest girl alive.