Chapter 14

Barry parked neatly on the side of the road turning off the bike. He kicked the kickstand as I hopped off of the bike and took off my helmet. He got off next and took off his helmet. I set my helmet in the seat compartment. Barry set his helmet inside the compartment with mine and locked up the compartment and turned to face me. His hair was all messed up from the helmet.

"Where to now Barry?" I asked.

"Close your eyes." He replied.

I closed my eyes as his hand slipped into mine. He led me off a ways before stopping.

"Open them." He said.

I opened my eyes to see a beautifully set up picnic. ON top of the picnic blanket I saw a class bowl with a lid on containing pasta salad.

"Pasta salad!" I said excitedly as I jumped up and down.

"Yep, made it myself." He replied.

"Barr you didn't have to!" I exclaimed.

"I wanted to Ella. I love you and I wanted to make this special for you." He replied.

I then noticed the strawberries sitting close to the pasta salad.

"Thank you StrawBarry." I thanked.

"Oh so I'm a piece of fruit now?" He asked with a laugh.

"What, can't I come up with a nickname for you?" I asked.

"Well if I'm your 'StrawBarry' you are going to be my 'Blueberry'." He replied.

"Why 'Blueberry?" I asked.

"Because they're sweet just like you." He replied booping me on the nose.

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks as he complimented me.

"Lets get eating, shall we?" He asked.

He and I sat down on the picnic blanket. Barry got out a couple bowls, a serving spoon, and a couple forks.

"Some pasta salad m'lady?" He offered.

"Why thank you good sir." I relied with a laugh.

He served me up a bowl full of pasta salad and placed a fork into it neatly before handing it to me.

"Here you go." He said with a smile.

"Thank you Barry." I thanked.

I ate a bite of the pasta salad and tasted an explosion of flavor. The individual flavors all stood out but, at the same time blended into one another perfectly.

"How is it?" Barry asked.

"Its delicious! I didn't know you could cook." I replied.

"Well, much like you I have my own hidden talents." Barry explained.

"Oh really? And what are some of my hidden talents?" I asked.

"You can work with machinery better than Cisco for starters, don't tell him I said that. What about me?" Barry replied.

"You have a knack for always seeing the good in others. I admire that about you. You also make me feel safe." I explained with a laugh.

Barry and I continued to talk as we finished our pasta salad. After we had put away the food in the picnic basket we continued to talk.

"You know what we should do?" Barry asked.

"What should we do?" I replied.

"We should take turns asking each other 20 questions for us to answer. To get to know one another." He suggested.

"Okay." I replied.

"I'll go first. What is your favorite color?" He asked.

"Blue. What about you?" I replied.

"Red. Your turn." He exclaimed.

"How did you begin to get involved with Star Labs?" I asked.

"I got struck by lightning the night the particle accelerator exploded. It put me into a coma. Caitlin and Cisco took care of me during the nine months I was out. You?" Barry explained.

"Pretty similar to you. I was helping Dr. Wells test some sort of speed drug when the particle accelerator went off. I was scratched and cut in several places. I laid on the table for a few minutes before eventually passing out from the loss of blood. I still have scars from it." I explained.

We continued to talk for a while asking questions back and forth to one another. When it started to get late Barry put the picnic basket and blanket away in the storage of my bike and got out our helmets handing me mine. He got onto the bike first, getting it ready to go as I hopped on behind him putting my helmet on. Shortly after putting his own on, he drove me back to my apartment.

We walked up to the door still laughing and talking until I stopped in front of my door.

"Well, this is me." I exclaimed.

"Thank you for going out with me Ella. I hope you had a good time." Barry replied.

"I did. You really know how to show a girl a good time Barry." I explained.

"I'm happy to hear that." Barry replied.

Barry kissed my cheek gently.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He continued.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." I replied.

"Goodnight Blueberry." He replied.

"Goodnight StrawBarry." I replied with a chuckle.