Chapter 12

After I had taken care of a few criminals, I ran home and turned on a movie. When I was not even ten minutes in I heard I knock at the door. I quickly paused my movie and walked over to the door, opening it. Outside I saw Caitlin and another girl I didn't know.

"Hi Ella. Barry sent us over. He said you needed help picking out an outfit?" Caitlin greeted.

'Yeah, I do. I'm guessing you must be Iris?' I replied.

"That would be me. Its nice to finally meet you Ella." Iris replied.

'What do you mean finally?' I asked.

"He talks about you a lot. Also, one question, How are you talking without moving your mouth?" Iris asked.

I reached up and pulled a lock of my blue hair revealing the device Cisco had made.

'A thought transmitter courtesy of Cisco. A metahuman stole my voice.' I explained.

"Ah, that would make sense. Should we get going?" Iris asked.

'Yeah, let me get my purse and keys and we can go.' I replied.

I grabbed my purse from off the hook by the door and put it onto one of my shoulders. After I grabbed my keys that were on the hook beside it walking out of my apartment locking the door behind me.

We hopped into Iris's car and began to drive. Silence filled the car as we drove until Iris spoke up.

"So, Ella, how did you and Barry meet?" Iris asked.

'Its a bit of a long story.' I replied.

"I think I can keep up." Iris replied.

I began explaining how I met Barry. Once I had finished explaining I locked out at the city flying past.

"Wow, so you have been in a coma for two and half years? That's longer than Barry was." Iris exclaimed.

"Yeah she was. I should know she kept flat-lining because of her speed." Caitlin replied.

"Speed?" Iris asked.

Caitlin looked at me nervously.

"Its okay Caitlin. I have speed much like the Flash. I work with him as the Flashette. I'm actually faster than him." I explained.

"Ok, that makes sense. I'm glad Barry has someone who can keep up with him." Iris replied.

"You know?!" I asked shocked.

"Yes, I do. We're here!" Iris replied puling into a parking spot.

We got out of the car and walked into the mall.

"Now, lets get started. Barry told us where he is taking you so I think I've already got an outfit in mind."Iris explained walking off to with Caitlin to the first store.

'Do you get a hint?' I asked jogging to catch up with them.

"Nope. What size are you?" Iris asked.

'Medium.' I replied.

She picked out a dress with a white frilly knee length skirt, flowery top, and a light blue ribbon around the middle. She handed it to me.

"Try this on." Iris said.

I went to the changing room and tried it on. It fit me perfectly.

"How does it fit?" Caitlin asked.

'Perfectly, I love it!' I replied.

"Show us then!" Iris exclaimed enthusiastically.

I walked out and twirled in a circle.

'What do you think?' I asked.

"It's perfect!" Iris replied.

'Caitlin?' I asked.

"It looks great on you." Caitlin replied.

'I have some sandals that would go well with this dress.' I offered.

"Nope we are going shoe shopping." Iris insisted.

'Fine.' I replied.

I walked back into the changing room and changed back into my normal clothes. When I walked out Iris snatched the dress form me and ran up tot he register.

'Iris!' I shouted running after her.

"I'd like to buy this please." Iris informed the employee.

"Alright. This is a pretty dress. What's the occasion?" The employee asked.

"My friend here," Iris replied gesturing to me "Is going out on a date. Her first in nearly three years."

"That's awesome! Here you go ." The employee exclaimed handing me a bag with the dress inside "Hope you have fun on your date."

Caitlin, Iris and I then went shoe shopping where they bought me a pair of cute brown ankle bots to go with the dress. After bringing me back to my apartment Iris and I exchanged numbers to keep in contact with one another. Once they left I checked the time to see that I had an hour before Barry picked me up for our date so I started getting ready.