Chapter 10

What Keith's cat looks like^

When I awoke I felt warmth on my chest, then realizing Keith was sleeping in my arms. I also noticed Keith's cat, Auburn was sleeping on him. I squealed on the inside from the cuteness. Then I remembered last night, poor baby. 

Keith felt really small, I moved my hands gently under his shirt and on his stomach carefully trying not to wake him up. I gasped quietly at how skinny he gotten to the point I could feel his ribs poking out. I slowly picked him up accidentally waking Auburn up and laid Keith on the other side of the couch. I got up and looked for his kitchen which was right next to his living room. 

I looked in his fridge, all there is was a half empty jug of milk and a couple of apples. I looked in his freezer to find a non open bag of pizza rolls. I take the bag and take a metal plate from one of his cabinets. I opened the bag and poured about 15 pizza rolls on the plate. Thank God he has a microwave. I put the plate of pizza rolls in it and typed in 1:30 .

I opened the microwave before it hits 0 and take the steaming pizza rolls out. I set it on the table and went back into the living room. Surprisingly  Keith was still asleep from the amount of noise I was making. Without even thinking my instincts kicked in and I planted a small kiss on his forehead. Shit. 

Keith, of course, wakes up from that. He was still half asleep because he called me mom. I chuckled a little, "No, Keith, it's me, Lance..." Keith looked at me and turned over, "Just 5 more minutes." He's acting just like my little brother, great. "Keith, come on wake up, I made you food," "What kind of food?" He says sleepily. "Pizza rolls." This made Keith bolt up, "Really?!" I just smiled, "I'm going to eat them if you don't get up," Keith immediately gets up from the couch and races to the kitchen, I follow behind him. 

"Man I totally forgot I had pizza rolls," Keith says while sitting in the chair in front of the plate. I laughed at his silliness. I sit across from him and watch him eat. Keith looks up, "what?" "O-oh, nothing, sorry." I quickly look down in embarrassment. 

"Oh! I forgot!" Keith yells randomly. "Hmm?" I replied, "where's Shiro, Pidge, and Hunk?" "Oh, well Pidge and Hunk moved to Nevada, and Shiro stayed in Arkansas." "Oh..." Keith quickly finishes his last pizza roll and moves the plate out in front of him. "I can check if they're on Skype?" "No, its fine...I don't know if I can say anything to them...they're probably mad at me..." Keith looks down at his lap. "Keith, no they're not, not Shiro," I grab my phone and open up Skype, Shiro is online.

"Look who's online, Shiro is!" I say happily, "Lance, please don't tell Shiro..." "Why?" "I can't talk to him, well, not right now, I'm going to wait." "Well if you say so..." We sit there in awkward silence. "Wanna play a game?" Keith finally speaks up. "Sure," I reply. Keith gets up and signals me to follow him, we climb up the small staircase and into what looks to be his room. His room was small and messy, clothes scattered on the floor and his bed was a complete mess. There was a small but good T.V leaned under the window. He had a PlayStation 4, what the hell. "I only have one game, I don't know if you'll like it..." Keith breaks my thoughts, "oh, no, it's fine." He turns on both the T.V and PlayStation and waits for it to load up.

I was too busy looking at his picture frame that's hanging on his wall, it was Keith and his Mother smiling. I felt bad all of the sudden. It must suck losing someone you truly love, that's how I feel towards Keith right now. I think I love him.

Keith snapped his fingers close to my face. I looked towards the T.V the game he had was Call of Duty. "You like Cod?" He says, "yeah," I lied, I never played it in my entire life but I wanted to make Keith feel good. We took turns playing and most of the part I sucked complete ass. Few hours has passes and I heard my stomach growl. "I guess you're hungry?" Keith asked me. "Heh, kind of..." "But I'll eat when I get home, I'm going to be a pig if I eat your food." Keith laughed. My God. That laugh. Is so. Fucking. Precious. Jesus Christ. "If you say so." "By the way what time is it?" Keith moved his head towards the door which had a clock hanging on it. "5:21" "Jeez, I been here for  how long?" Keith laughed again. I felt my face was getting hot and heart was beating. CALM DOWN I tell myself. 

"Maybe I should head home," I say while getting up, but Keith grabs my hand. "Please, stay here?" I look down at Keith who had the saddest but cutest puppy eyes ever. I blush even more, "Okay, but if I'm going to spend the night, can I at least go home and get some clean clothes?" "Yeah, you can"

I arrived back to my house and start packing things.

I made up my mind, I'm going to stay with Keith until I can no longer feel or see his rib bones. I want to stay by his side until his depression goes away. I grab a duffel bag and pack lots of clothes and other things I'll need.

I head back to Keith's house and open the door without knocking. I hear music from upstairs. As I get closer up the stairs and to Keith's room I start hearing singing. I carefully push open the door and see Keith playing a guitar and singing. I recognized the song, I'll Be Good.

"I thought I saw the devil

This morning

Looking in the mirror, drop of rum on my tongue

With the warning

To help me see myself clearer

I never meant to start a fire

I never meant to make you bleed

I'll be a better man today"

"I'll be good, I'll be good

And I'll love the world, like I should

Yeah, I'll be good, I'll be good

For all of the time

That I never could..."

Keith stopped and looked behind himself, I must've made too much noises. Whoops.