Crimson

The sound of a young female’s scared gasps spread across the Autobot base, Jack and Miko were the first one’s to investigate the sound. The children stayed here during the weekends but recently Optimus and the other’s have been doing their best to keep the children away. Jack and Miko ran into the bedroom installed by Agent Fowler for Ratchet’s human charge, Crimson. 

The two stopped as Crimson was gripping the bed faintly whispering “No,” over and over again. Jack grabbed Crimson by the shoulder’s, waking her from whatever bad dream she was having. Miko and Jack gave Crimson a soft smile but she brushed it off and walked past the two and out to the balcony to sit on the couch. 

“You alright ? You were having a bad dream again.” Crimson looked up at Jack and opened her mouth to speak but stopped as Ratchet came into the room with Optimus and the others. Ratchet had a worried look on his face, one Crimson was far to fond of, he took a deep breath as he tried to talk to Crimson. 

“Are you alright ?” 

“Just a bad dream.” Crimson grabbed a bottle of water from the small refrigerator, she was determined to get some fighting in today. Ratchet could see her determination and tried stopping her by placing his hand in her way of the stairs. 

“I said I’m fine. Just…let me go train,” Crimson huffed in anger then jumped over the railing of the balcony and walked down the long stretched hallway. Jack went to follow her but Arcee shook her head and motioned for him to sit down on the couch. 

“Hey Ratchet…How did you guys find Crimson ? You never really talked about it. I mean she has been here for two years. Shouldn’t we have the right to know ?” Ratchet scoffed as he thought back on the first day he saw Crimson. Agent Fowler and June came in through the tunnel entrance, smiles as they saw team Prime.  

“We found Crimson because we were protecting her mother and father. They were government agents who worked with us,” he lied.

“Like Agent Fowler does ?” 

“Yes, Beatrice and Eric Blackwood. We worked with them for six long years, once Beatrice and Eric became life partners they decided to leave our ranks but we continued to protect them.” 

Fowler and June took a seat on the couch while continually listening to Ratchet speak. Miko was fully enticed by the story of how they found Crimson, she was so distant, such a loner. She never spoke to Jack or Raphael or anyone for that matter. 

“Why would you continue to protect them after they left ?” 

“Because Megatron ordered them to be captured for questioning since the two had been seen with Autobot’s, Megatron knew they were close to us” 

“Were ? Why are you talking in past tense ? Wait did they dump Crimson on you guys ?” The tone of Jack’s voice caught Ratchet’s attention. He hated how rude the boy’s tone seemed but he let it slide knowing how little Jack really knew about Crimson. 

“No Jack…Her parents didn’t leave, they were..killed.” The room fell silent and Jack instantly felt horrible for the tone he had moments ago. Jack looked to his mother, fear running through him as he thought about the possibility of losing her.