Chapter 1

Hey guys! If you've read my other story, "My Solider. My Hero." You know it addressed PTSD. This book will as well. I will warn you before any possible triggers.

Also, I wasn't planning on releasing this story until June, but I'm decided to release a few chapters this week. I'll be on VACATION the week after this. So...you'll have endure a week without chapters. But, I promise to release good ones this week. ;)

"Get the fuck off of me. Stop touching me." I cried.

"Relax baby, I promise it will feel good," he says while ripping my dress. I tried to fight him off, but he was too strong.

"Damn girl, what did he do?" Tiffany's voice snaps me out of my flashback from college.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "excuse me?" She points at a beautiful sunflower arrangement she brought into my office. I jumped a little and grabbed the card.

Reading the card: Sorry Babe, I will be late at the office. I promise to make it up to you. Happy Dating Anniversary. Love Always, Kyle.

I look up at her, "He didn't do anything, he's just going to be late at the office, again", I stated.

Tiffany smirks, somewhat amused. "you better make him work for it tonight and not just melt into his arms."

I smirk at her, "I can't help it, he knows my sweet spots," giving her a wink.

I can't get mad at him, I know he has been working towards the partner promotion for the past five years at the Reynolds Law Firm. Plus, after seven years of dating and three years of marriage, he still makes my heart skip a beat. God, I love that man.

Tiffany and I walk out of the 20-story office building to grab lunch in a little hole-in-the-wall cafe down the street. Tiffany looks at me disgusted, as I shove the sandwich in my mouth. "You eat like a cow. Shouldn't you try to be more lady-like as the new Creative Director of the company?"

I roll my eyes at her, "since when do I ever conform to standards?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "good point, I suppose."

Her eyes widen as she tells me some crazy story about her escapades over last weekend. This girl is crazy.

I'm not entirely listening to her story, because I don't think I've ever truly appreciated my best friend's beauty. I notice it more as the sun grazes her carmel skin and jet black hair, showcasing the hues of red. The sun pierces her dark eyes, illuminating the brown that touches her iris.

"Haley, are you listening to me?" She exclaims.

I smirk at her, "not really, I was relishing in your beauty."

She starts laughing and shaking her head, "I was asking if you want to go out to the new club, The Verve, this Friday?"

I sigh, "I don't know Tiff, I want to spend some time with Kyle. He's been working non-stop this week and last weekend, trying to solve a case. I really want to spend one-on-one time with him this weekend."

Tiffany looks somewhat annoyed with me, "you know, he will probably be working late Friday night anyways and you will be mopey all night, wishing you had listened to your best friend." She smiles, "plus, you will see him all day Saturday and Sunday. AND...he will get to make it up to you all weekend." Giving me a small grin.

"Fine!" Rolling my eyes, as I pay for my lunch.

As Tiffany and I are walking back to work, I pull out my phone and text Kyle.