Chapter 9

Hey guys! I'm back from vacation!! It was amazing and needed. I will resume my normal chapter postings (2-3 chapters a week). Have a great week! :)

We arrive at the club. There are hardly any cars here. I thought the Opalee was a poplar club/restaurant.

We walk inside and there are around 50 people here. I pull on Bella's arm, "I thought you said we were going clubbing? What kind of club is this?"

She laughs as her eyes scan the room, "Theo owns it and told the staff that we were having a private party tonight. He wanted to ensure the guests felt safe."

My eyes widen and she looks at me confused. At that very moment I realized that Theo nor Nat have not told her about my revelation. I smiled at her and turned to Theo, who was just behind me at the door. I bite my bottom lip, "thank you, but you didn't have to rent out the entire place to make me feel safe."

He leans against the doorway, letting family walk-in. He smiles at me, "I know I didn't, but I did. Plus I wanted tonight to be a family affair. Go and enjoy." Before I realized what I had done, I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek. Oh my fucking God, that was so stupid.

He gets a mischievous grin on his face. I quickly turn and walk away. I see Bella at the bar, motioning to me to come to her. Great...this isn't going to be good. I fidgeting with my fingers and walk towards her. Her eyebrows raise, "what the fuck was that?"

I shrug my shoulders, "it was nothing. Just thanking him for being there for me after therapy, I suppose."

She grins at me, while pushing her shoulder into mine, "look if you want my brother, I have no problems. I would love to have you as a sister-in-law, but don't break his heart."

I shake my head, "Bella, I'm married."

She snorts, "yeah, I know you are married, but it is possible to fall in the love with someone else." I shake my head and walk away from her.

I see Nat and Zane and walk over to them. Nat's eyes widen, "Haley! I'm so happy you are here." She's definitely different outside of her office. She's bubbly and excited. Whereas, she is a lot more mellow, collected and direct in her office. I can see why Zane loves her so much. She probably brings him a lot of joy and laughter.

As I'm standing there talking to Nat and Zane, people come up and they introduce themselves to me. Some of them are family friends and cousins. An older and intense man walks up to the three of us. He shakes hands with Nat and Zane, "Good to see you Zane. Nat, you look beautiful as ever."

Nat nods and smiles, "thank you Uncle Ric."

His intense eyes meet mine, "and, who is this?" Before I could speak, Nat interjects, "Uncle Ric, this Haley. She is a good friend of Bella's. She's been staying with them."

"Nice to meet you Haley. I've heard some nice things about you." He grabs my hand and kisses the back of it, while holding my gaze.

I smile and feel a strong hand rest on my lower back. His touch instantly makes me feel secure, "Hi Uncle. How are things in Italy?" Theo asks.

Ric raises his eyebrow, "Theo, can we talk in private?" Theo nods and they walk away.

Nat interjects my curiosity, "probably some venture deal with a partner. Sooo...boring." She gives me a fake smile. I can't shake the feeling that they are hiding something from me.

I'm walking over to the bar to grab a drink and I see a door cracked open. I see and hear Theo and Ric talking. Ric puts his hands on the desk, "Theo, how much do you know about this girl Haley? I've been told you've gotten a little close to her."