Chapter 6

My alarm goes off, it's 7 am. I know everyone will expect me in the kitchen at 8. I'm so angry that Theo started prying in my past. He has no right to do that! I know that if I don't go down there, he will come up here. What to do, what to do. I sigh and throw my legs over my bed. I throw on shorts, converse shoes, a gray tank top and a white and gray checkered flannel.

I walk down the stairs and only Grace and Theo are in the kitchen. He is wearing dark jeans and a black T-shirt. I reach the counter and I can't help but notice his bulging biceps creeping out from under his shirt - I notice tattoos cover his arms. I don't think I've ever noticed his tattoos, or how beautiful he is. After all, we constantly fight.

Im jolted out of my mesmerizing state, "you're drooling," Theo says. My cheeks are instantly hot, I know my face just turned 10 shades of red. I look up at Theo, he's has a mischievous grin on his face as he hands me a plate with French toast and bacon. I turn and look at Grace and she's grinning at me while sipping her coffee.

I grab the plate and start eating, ignoring the tension. I finished the French toast and looking at Grace, "Thank you for breakfast Grace, it was..."

She stops me from continuing, "Theo made breakfast this morning. I told him what your favorite breakfast foods were and he made it for you."

Bewildered, "why?" I asked. Kyle never made me breakfast. Only my mom did.

His eyes roam my face, "I figured we could have a truce, just for today since we are going to be in the car together for a little while. It would be nice to not want to strangle you every second." He smirks at me.

My initial thought - I want to smack that smirk off of him because I don't even want to go, but for the car ride sake, I give in. "Truce, for now," I roll my eyes and wash my plate off.

He grabs his keys and we make our way to the car. Before starting the SUV, he pauses and looks at me, "Haley, before we go anywhere we need to set some rules. One: do not run from me, you will regret it. I've been more than hospitable towards you, don't make me angry. Two: you do not talk to anyone about me. And Finally: when I tell you do something when we are in public, don't fucking question me, got it?"

"yeah, whatever you say master." My sarcasm spewing between my lips.

He starts the SUV, while smirking at me, "I know you're being sarcastic, but I'm glad you see it my way now. It's my way, or your body down the highway."

I literally laugh out loud, "yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not how the saying goes."

Cocking one eyebrow, "no, but I like mine better." He winks at me. Good God, that's not the first joke he's made about killing people. I'm starting to wonder what happen to that lady I saw crying in the office at the Verve. Did he kill her?

We've been in the car for 20 minutes. Where is this place! I look at Theo, "how much longer?"

He looks at me from the corner of his eye, "don't be one of those brats that asks every 15 minutes if we are there yet. If so, I will duck tap your mouth now....kind of kinky though don't you think." He purses his lips into a wide grin.

I put my feet on the dash and roll my eyes, "keep dreaming, I'm a married woman."

He clenches his teeth, "Haley, tell me something about you."

Immediately on guard, "you already know everything about me, you stuck your nose into my past. Remember?"

His fingers tap the steering wheel from impatience, "I thought we had a truce today? Plus, I'm well aware that a background check is just a piece of paper that tells me about your past, not who you are."