Chapter 32

I wake up to an empty bed. That's kind of disappointing. I thought we made progress last night.

I fling my feet over the bed and start to put a bra on. I slowly make my way downstairs to everyone in the kitchen. Bella makes her way to me and pushes coffee in my hand. "I know you're not a morning person without it." She says and hugs me. I smirks and take a sip.

Theo comes from outside and gives Grace a kiss on the cheek. He looks at me and flashes his pearly white teeth. "When you're done with breakfast, get changed into something nice, but comfortable."

I cock my head to the side in confusion. "Why?"

He kisses my cheek and heads up stairs. "You are going to see Nat and then I'm taking you out. Now hurry that fine ass up."

I walk downstairs in white shorts and a blue lace tank top. Theo grabs the keys and we make our way outside. I notice him staring at my ass while walking behind me. "Would you stop staring at my ass?"

I open the car door and get in, he follows suit. "I was determining if you had panties on or not." He gives me a side smirk and turns the car on. I roll my eyes, "wouldn't you like to know?" Mocking his persistence.

He raises an eyebrow, "mmm....baby. Don't tempt me." I turn my head away from him from embarrassment and I can hear him chuckle...asshole.

We pull up to Nat's office and I get out of the car. Theo opens the door and places his hand on the small of my back, guiding me.

We walk into the lobby of Nat's office and she comes around the desk and hugs me hard. "Oomf...goodness Nat. You're squeezing the air out of my lungs." I gasp.

She lets me go and looks me up and down. "How are you feeling?" I shrug my shoulders and look at Theo.  I turn to look at her and she is smirking at me. I roll my eyes and walk into her office, waiting to start my session.

Nat follows me and shuts the door. "Okay Hales, how are you really feeling?"

I sigh and place my hands in my lap, fiddling with my fingers. "I feel confused, happy, angry and sad all at the same time. I honestly don't know how to feel at this moment."

Nat clasps her hands, "well, why do you think you're feeling all of these emotions?"

God...I hate talking about my emotions. "I don't know...maybe because I'm not sure how to react to my father being back, or to Theo."

"I see. Haley, you don't always have to have an answer right this very second. It's okay to take a step back from something that makes you uncomfortable. Does Theo make you uncomfortable? Or, is it your father?"

I take a deep breath. "Both maybe. I don't know." I lay my head in my hands. "One second I'm falling for Theo all over again and then the next I'm scared because I'm having all of those feelings again. I'm afraid he's going to break my heart. As for my father, I have no fucking clue what to do with him."

A tear runs down my cheek. Nat puts her hand on my knee. "Hales, I know Theo loves you. He was miserable without you. But, this is your choice. Give yourself time to feel the love for Theo. Don't rush into anything."

I nod my head and we talk about Tiffany and my mom some. Once our session was over, I was starting to feel better about my father and Theo. Nat was right, I don't have to rush into anything.

Theo and I leave Nat's office and we are driving away from the city. "Where are we going?" I look up at Theo.

He smiles and places his hand on my knee. "It's a surprise."

I look out of the window and see cornfields and bean fields. Where in the fuck are we going? Calm down, trust Theo. He would do anything to protect you. You can trust him. He senses my anxiety because I feel his thumb slowly make circles on my knee. God, he's making my anxiety worse because he's turning me on.

We turn down a gravel road and I see rows and rows of grapes...it looks like a vineyard. We pull up to this beautiful white brick winery. I get out of the car and just look at building everything is beautiful here. It's surrounded by a vineyard and has a large patio with a pond. This place is so surreal.

As I'm looking up and admiring the beauty, I feel Theo grab my hand and pull me towards the entrance. As we enter, we are greeted. "Hello. We have your placement setup and is ready." Theo nods and pulls me through the facility to the back patio.

There is a table with two place settings, a wine menu and a sunflower sitting in the middle of the table. We both sit and Theo clasps his hands and stares at me with a smile. I look at the sunflower and look back at him. "This was you, wasn't it?" I point at the sunflower. He remembered my favorite flower.

He nods his head and picks up the wine list. "We have many wines here, you can try as many as you like." He looks back at me.

"What do you mean we?"

He smiles. "I bought this winery...for you. It's technically yours."

My eyes widen in shock. "Th...Theo you can't just buy my forgiveness."

He groans. "Haley, if I wanted to buy your forgiveness I would have bought you new clothes, a new car or something that is monetarily insignificant to me. But, I bought a winery because you love wine and like to be outdoors. I thought this would make you happy. I'm not trying to buy your forgiveness. Believe me baby, I know you're not like that. Although, it would make things easier sometimes."

I gasp, "I cannot believe you said that!" I throw my napkin at him.

He chuckles and grabs my hand. "I'm joking. I love you just the way you are. Stubbornness and all."

We order dinner and I try a few different wines. Theo picks out my favorite and orders the entire bottle.

I swirl my wine cup and look out at the pond. I shift my eyes to Theo and he is staring at me. "What?" I ask.

He smiles and shakes his head. "I'm obsessed with you. You make me a very weak man."

I blush and look down at the table. "Believe me, you're far from weak."

Theo and I eat our dinner. The sun is starting to lower, casting pink and orange hues across the sky. I love this place. Its so peaceful and beautiful.

Once finished, I get up from the table looking out at the fields and the pond. I wraps my arms around my body. I feel Theo's hard chest lean against my back, placing his hands on my arms.

Theo turns me around quickly and smashes his lips to mine. He catches me off guard, but my body instantly responds to him. I kiss him back with as much passion as he put into it. His hand runs through my hair and pulls me in closer. His other hand grips my waist and pulls me into him, deepening our kiss. My hands run through his hair and tug. I can hear a groan from the back of his throat.

I pull away and look down, blushing profusely. He lifts my chin up. "Im sorry. I can't help myself around you. You're so addictive." He smirks.

I bite my bottom lip and lean my head against his chest. "I'm working on forgiving you. I'm really trying Theo." He smiles and pecks me on the forehead.

"We probably should head home." He grabs my hand and leads me to the car.