vii. JEALOUS BOYFRIEND.

foreign fields // names and races.

OH SHIT, GALLY THOUGHT. It has been a while. His eyes bulged and he walks toward her.

"MK-" Gally started.

"NO!" And Thomas swung his fist, sending Gally flying back onto the ground and Thomas tackles him on top, his fist already balled up.

Everyone pointed their guns again, and Gally held his hand up. "Stop! Stop! It's alright!"

"Uhhh?" Brenda calls out, staring at MK. She was out. Was it from the accident? Or was it Gally?

"Here, help me." Jorge removed his jacket and rolled it up into a ball, gently tucking it under MK's head. Brenda bends down, whispering her name.

"Stop Tommy!" Newt holds Thomas by the shoulder, keeping him from Gally. "Stop!"

Thomas never felt so much hatred inside him directed at anyone else other than WCKD. He knew something was up about the people that brought them there, and he had no idea underneath the mask it was the boy who made him remember his name but shot the youngest Glader to his death and got his good riddance.

"He killed Chuck," Thomas said, staring down at Gally. His face tightened, of course the first thing he'd expect was for them to bring up what happened.

"Yeah I know, I remember," Newt said, recalling to what they said when MK ran away. "I was there too. But I also remember that he was stung and half out of his mind."

Thomas got strong, Gally thought, frowning.

"Just calm down," Newt tells him. "Alright?"

Gally was waiting, accepting another punch in the face. He thought he really deserved it. However Thomas took a second, and thinking what Newt said was right, got back up.

Gally gets back on his feet and massages his jaw where Thomas had punched him. "Kinda had that coming," Gally said. "Anybody else? Fry? Newt?"

"You know this guy?" Jorge asks, still crouched down, removing hair from MK's face to give her air.

Frypan stares blankly. "He's an old friend."

That stung more than a real griever sting. Gally looks down. He has lost a lot of friends, but only because he thought different of Thomas and what he did.

"H-how is this possible?" Newt demanded. "We watched you die."

"No you left me to die," Gally corrects him. "And if we haven't found you when we did, you'd be dead right now."

No one said anything.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Minho. WCKD has him here," Newt explains. "We're looking for a way in."

No. How long was this? Gally couldn't believe it. Even though Minho threw a spear at his chest, he wasn't going to not help them. He's known that guy for three years. They would hate him even more if he refused.

"I can help with that," Gally said. "But can we take MK to the infirmary first? And why is she bleeding from her head?! And she has glass everywhere—"

"Huh?" Thomas asks.

Gally gives him a "Um, look behind you?" look.

Thomas turns around and slaps his forehead. "Oh right! Yeah, she'll tell you when she wakes up. But you're gonna carry her, not us."