xi. THE PLAYGROUND KIDS.

sky // wondering [whereubeen].

GALLY'S HANDS FLEW OVER THE DOOR, letting him back inside the room where the rest of his friends were. He tried to keep pace with what just happened, but he was quite glad that the short walk cooled him down. Frypan could hear Gally's boots stomping on the dusty ground and he took his shoulder from resting on the wall.

"Were you guys waiting for me?" Gally looked at everyone.

Brenda pointed at the two boys. "You could say that. After Newt came back, we found out that two more people ran off as well. Where's MK?"

That was the last name he had to hear right now. "We, uh, kinda got into an argument. I guess she went off for a walk as well."

"What happened?" Gally noticed Thomas had returned. He stood at the same spot he was at the last time they all huddled at the table before Newt started to raise his voice at him. He knew he can't have a good reason to stay mad and hating Thomas from the Glade, but there was still something that irked Gally to let out a frown.

"You said MK lost her promise ring," Gally said.

"Yeah."

"I still get why you didn't wanna think about me before you guys wounded up here, but Thomas please be honest with me, did you care that she lost it?"

Thomas sucked in his lips. "Okay maybe I did lash out on her and said offensive things, but Gally is that why you two had an argument? Over a ring?"

"I-I honestly don't know. With so much on our plate, things just got heated and I needed time off."

"Disappointed but not surprised," Frypan spoke. "You two always got into arguments in the Glade. This is normal."

"I dunno why you're upset that she lost a ring that you're gonna replace anyway."

"Shh!!!" Gally hissed. "Jesus, I don't remember you guys being this seriously loud."

"MK's not even here," Newt said. They all looked around, and Brenda rushed over to the stairwell and the door, finding no one, no footsteps echoing on the metal.

"Where did she go?" Brenda asked.

"Maybe to go find the ring herself," Gally shrugged.

"She said she lost it in the tunnel." Thomas was beginning to grow annoyed of Gally's pettiness.

"I'm being sarcastic. Heard of such a thing?"

"Don't push it, Gally. You already won our trust and forgiveness over everything you've done in the past. Don't start. You got MK back, while the rest of us actually lost people we'll probably never get back."

"Yeah, probably if we don't stop fighting amongst each other and focus on what we really came here for, so can you shanks not worry so much about a bloody arts and crafts ring made out of tin foil?" Newt exclaimed, the tone of his voice almost sounding like before.

Avoiding having him freak out on anyone else, they both fall silent.

"You guys, are we clear with sticking to Gally's plan? Cause I'll go with it, whether MK comes back or not, we gotta get into the city," said Jorge.

"Uh, no!" Gally said.

"Uh, yes! This was your idea, Gally. If we run into her on the way there she can tag along."