xx. RELOCATION.

grimes // oblivion.

"NOT EVEN WCKD HAS ANYTHING?" Dereka pulls herself up from the pillar.

"I'm so sorry. Such help," MK comments sarcastically, thinking about why Teresa just stood in front of her, begging her to leave.

They walked out of the road for countless minutes, Dereka constantly having to stop to take a few slow breaths as more and more sweat began to run down the back of her neck. She begins tying her blonde hair into a ponytail to expose more of her skin to the cold air.

She straightens her back as the idea hit her. "R.A?" Dereka suggested. "Still an option."

"Yeah- a dead end option," MK thought. "Ruth Arabella gives me the creeps. Besides, she told me she didn't have any on her otherwise she'd be helping so many people by now."

"She probably lied to you," Dereka shrugs, resting her hands on her hips. "MK, use your brain. She's rich. Rich people can get their hands on stuff like the Bliss. She's got to have something."

It would be such a bad idea, R.A would say no regardless if she saw Dereka pleading next to her or not. "I'm gonna be real with you, Dereka. That lady does not like you."

"Why?"

MK stared at her for a brief moment. The rude nickname R.A had for Dereka was as far as she could remember.

Dereka followed, knowing the obvious reason. "I'm not surprised, then."

"She's disgusted by cranks. I even told her that we do fear them and that we don't want to end up like them, but they used to be people who once had families to come home to, some who were young children that loved hearing the school bell ring for recess, or adults who go to work and pay their taxes, enjoyed pizza on a Friday night, watching movies."

"Yeah well, they ain't really people," Dereka says, looking down. "Not anymore."

All of the horrors they've face outside the walls, they both knew most of the population fell into a void of the virus, not a pinch of humanity left to try to fight it off anymore- that was horror. The Flare just consumed them, losing a battle they all desperately wanted to win. Dereka would soon face that if they don't hurry.

MK places a hand on her shoulder. "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. You're going to be fine. I still think you're a badass whether or not half your face has been given off."

Chuckling after feeling comforted and assured, Dereka holds the hand on her shoulder. "Thanks."

"How about this, we'll go to the building. We'll sneak in. It's past curfew so R.A should be sleeping. We can sneak in and search the lower floor. If we don't find anything, we'll head back to the tunnels and wait for my friends to come. I know my friend Brenda has serum."

She looks around. "Do you remember which way her building is at?"

"East Lottsford Lane was when we first met them," MK recalled the address from the note. "Can you walk?"

Dereka takes a few steps ahead. "I should be okay. C'mon."

MK led Dereka through the night, and they immediately closed in down a street where security was no where to be spotted at. They passed East Lottsford Lane, the place where the playground kids got attacked by those guards that would protect R.A and her building.

She followed MK down more paths, constantly panting and clutching her chest area. It took them approximately two minutes to get there by vehicle. But with travelling by foot, it felt like it took them more because of Dereka's slow pace.