xviii. TERESA & MK.

the 1975 // medicine.

"OW! WHY ARE YOU DRAGGING ME?" Giving up, MK sets her down against the wall of another building. They only made about a block away from where they stopped. Dereka was panting and groaning, sweating profusely from her neck.

"What's going on?" MK bends down to look at her.

"It's the Bliss," Dereka says taking her time with slow deep breaths. "It's wearing off."

MK's face fell. How could she forget? Half of Dereka's face was a reminder to everyone what happened to her. She didn't know it would wear off that much and that fast. "You shouldn't have came on the train with me," MK shakes her head, feeling her heart drop from the guilt.

"If I haven't followed you on that train you would of been as good as dead."

"You were moving around so much. You worked your ass off helping me." She glances around, hoping that no one has spotted them. She gets back up, pacing around with her hand on her hip, the other covering her face.

"Do you have any more on you?"

She shakes her head.

"You know what this means, right?"

"Clearly," Dereka rolls her eyes.

"The Flare's gonna take over you!" MK spats out, shaken.

"I mean it took over me already until Lawrence gave me the drug."

"Okay," MK nods. "We'll just go to Lawrence."

"No," Dereka says. "I don't think he's in the mall anymore."

"But you said they were gearing up?"

"Yes but they probably left long time ago. I know Jared and them are with Lawrence."

"All right. Where's your walkie?" Dereka takes it out of her belt and hands it to her. MK felt the tip of her hands make contact with hers, sending chills down her spine. Her shaky, pale hand with the visible dark veins getting longer was enough to know it was already growing fast.

"Jared?" MK calls in the speaker. No reply. She shouts this time. "JARED?" She hands it back to Dereka.

"Does that lady you were with have any?"

"You mean Ruth Arabella? She told me she didn't." MK wanted to collapse as well. Gally or Brenda should have the serum, but she can't search for them all over the city and out. Wasting time.

"I don't believe her. Let's sneak in her place and find some."

"Are you insane? No, obviously WCKD should have something. I know Gally took all the serum but it's not worth chasing him or we'll get caught. WCKD. We'll sneak inside WCKD."

"We just came from there!" Dereka whines, shaking her leg up and down like a child.

MK reloads her gun. "Fine then. You're hiding, take deep breaths and try to relax but I'm going in!"

"But wait, what if you get caught? What are you gonna do?" MK swings Dereka's arm back around her neck and shoulder. Lifting her up, the pair fast walks from one wall to another leading to the same side entrance where they fought on the train. MK finally answers her question moments after setting her down behind a pillar.

"If I don't make it back," MK says. "then leave me. Find Gally or Brenda. Tell them you need serum."

She throws her hood on and casually walks inside. There weren't no guards this time, most of them were probably sent to go after Thomas or Newt, if they were still there or not. MK wanders around aimlessly, trying to keep her mind occupied and clear of finding a way into a lab where there's at least bottles or syringes.