xxxvi. I DO.

night beds // a marriage in the dark.

THREE WEEKS LATER

THEY FINALLY ADDED A TALL GLASS used as a mirror, and MK was one of the first to use it to look at the dress she was wearing. From her dress that exposed her skin, arms and legs, she checked at the burns that were now healing faster than she had expected. Mind her it will be high in pigmentation in some parts of her body affected, but it looked better than it did before. The girls trashed the boxes to find a white dress that would pull off as a wedding dress, and they finally found one.

Sonya, wearing the button up mini dress that the bridesmaids were wearing, walks behind to check up on the bride.

"MK! Ready?" Sonya asks.

MK smiled, feeling like her world was about to change even more, and grabs the flowers Brenda pulled from the gardens.

"Yeah. I'm ready."

Sonya, Harriet and Brenda were the bridesmaids. She had thought of forgiving Teresa and letting her be one of them, possibly the maid of honour, but she was gone.

MK waited until she was queued to enter down the hill, down the steps and out onto the sea shore. Everyone at the safe haven was invited and they were all eager to see something even bigger and brighter happen in their new home.

The girls stood at the front, Brenda being the maid of honour instead and Gally's best man being Minho, paying honour to Newt who wanted to be there and be the supportive friend. This was for him.

Thomas was there too, physically but not mentally. His mind was still trying to get out of the letter from Newt before he died. But if Newt were there, he would tell Thomas to snap out of it and brighten up a little bit, at least smile when MK comes.

Gally, wearing a black sweatshirt and pants that could pass himself off as the groom, straightens his back, but only for his knees to grow weak as he saw his bride at the hilltop.

Her dress was much more lacier and more suitable to wear, it was better than the dress she wore in the city

Her dress was much more lacier and more suitable to wear, it was better than the dress she wore in the city. MK smiled, her short hair naturally styled in beach waves blooming with the wind, clutching the bouquet. Her sandals dug inches into the sand as she made her way down the aisle.

This is it, Gally swallowed, feeling the palms of his hands sweating.

The pastor was Jorge, who figured no one else had a clue on how to host the wedding as the officiant, and insisted on taking over. He smiled as soon as MK stood in front of Gally, and he raised his voice to start the ceremony.

"Safe haven, brothers and sisters, the seagull that almost pooped on me earlier, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Gally and MaryKate in marriage, in the first three years of being together, their love and commitment combined has grown. They have decided, as stubborn but brave and heroic teenagers, that they want to live their lives together as husband and wife."