xxviii. MARRY ME.

halsey // sorry.

And I'm sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry that I can't believe that anybody ever really
Starts to fall in love with me
Sorry to my unknown lover
Sorry I could be so blind
Didn't mean to leave you
And all of the things that we had behind
And someone will love you
But someone isn't me

SHE HATED WCKD. She hated the virus. She hated the traumatizing, painful feeling of watching people die in front of her. She hated R.A. She hated the guy that worked for R.A. She hated running. She hated her dress. She hated making dumb decisions. She hated living.

MK's eyes were puffing from crying so much. Her throat was dry and her stomach turned each direction. What could of have been if MK ended up getting shot by the man? Before Dereka could save her life, or if she never came?

How did she know MK would be there? How long has she been racing around every street just to find her? Or did she coincidentally ended up where she was?

Chuck may have been at least four years younger but Dereka was too young to die. No one deserved letting the Flare slowly kill them. She felt lucky to be immune but she wished no one had to die. She wished there was a better way to fix everything, but even WCKD wouldn't do it humanely, hell even Teresa had no idea where to get the Bliss.

Her last words before she took off repeated out her mouth. She was sobbing sorries to Dereka for not saving her, to Gally for being the worst girlfriend ever, to her friends for running away and lying to their faces, to her family for their tragic deaths.

I'm so sorry.

The man wasn't behind her anymore. Instead of running fast like before she was growing more exhausted. She would throw in the towel and accept abandonment from everyone and rot inside the city.

I'm so sorry.

She runs inside a store, slamming her back against the wall and slumps down, her burnt leg propped up with the other rested. She checked to see if there was any life left in Kyle's walkie.

MK gets up so fast, relieved after hearing it make loud static noises. She needed to get a signal anywhere inside the store. She limps around, stubbing her toe against debris.

She holds the walkie talkie up in the air and even getting up on the counter. Finally she grabs hold of a hotspot on the other side of the wall near the hallway that lead to the back exit.

She laughs in excitement, sniffling from her previous crying and holds down the button.

"Hello?!" she spoke.

Static.

"Hello?!" she goes again.

Silence. Then static again.

Her smiles start to turn upside down. She shook her head. "No no no— c'mon! HELLO?!"

Static goes on for a few moments, then silence.