ix. TOO YOUNG TO GET MARRIED.

lana del rey ft. the weeknd // lust for life.

tw — nsfw !!

THE PATH WAS GETTING HIGHER. From a highway, and it was leading to a bridge. "Don't worry, no one comes here anymore. You're safe."

"Why not?" Newt asks.

"You'll see." After walking towards the edge, they could see about almost a twenty or more foot drop. There was no way to get to anywhere, they'd just have to jump.

One mistake could lead someone with an injury, maybe a near death experience.

"Alright, make some room boys!" Gally said, bending on his knees. He charges toward the edge and jumps. Newt and Thomas reacted the same, widening eyes as Gally lands on his feet at the wall, his back pressed against it after turning around.

"You're up! Let's go!"

The two boys looked at each other hesitantly. Did they have any other options? Gally was already ahead of them. Newt was in a limp and Thomas was probably exhausted by now. But they took the chance and jumped off together.

"Alright, Newt you're up!" Gally places his hands together to lift up Newt's foot, then soon he does to Thomas.

"I got it," and Thomas hops up.

They ascended higher and higher until they were getting a better view of the city lights. Up more stairs, they stood at a ledge.

"There it is," Gally finally says. "WCKD's got Minho, it's where they're keepin' him." Gally pulls out a telescope hidden underneath. "Lawrence has been trying to find a way in for years." He places the telescope through the metal and peers through. Newt observes him, remembering Galileo Galilei and the telescope.

"The place is crawling with soldiers, they got surveillance everywhere. There's scanners on every floor."

"Sounds like a bloody fortress," Newt comments. Fortress, something kept strong with good watch.

"I thought you said you had a way in," Thomas said.

Gally looks at him. "I might."

Thomas frowns. Don't tell me we just wasted our time on false hope. "What do you mean you might? Gally you said you could take us in there, okay? We're following your lead here, we trusted you, and we didn't have to do that!"

His frustration went from Gally saying he might have a way in, to remembering what happened months back. Even after saving them from the attack outside the walls and leading them to Lawrence, and even saving Newt, Thomas still couldn't let go of the grudge.

"Yeah alright, let's get a few things straight first or else there's no point of going any further." Gally sighs, the painful feeling inside him coming. Whatever he was really guilty for and why his friends were acting up, he needed to redeem himself. "Look I know what I did, okay? I may not remember but I know. I see Chuck's face every time I close my eyes."

Thomas felt the need to break down crying after hearing him say his name.

"Listen, we don't have to be friends, and I'm not asking for anybody's forgiveness. I'm asking you to put this behind us 'cause we want the same thing. And after this, we go our separate ways but until then, none of this works unless we trust each other."

It was about time he had a one on one talk about it. It's been bottling up inside him for far too long and he finally said it. He couldn't talk about it with Lawrence and his crew because they would just turn him down and make him feel even worse. Campbell already did on a daily basis.