Dorado to Denver: Finding Grand Mesa

Doom Slayer's POV

"You can run on for a long time,
Run on for a long time,
Sooner or later God'll cut you down,

Go tell that long tongue liar,
Go and tell that midnight rider,
Tell the rambler,
The gambler,
The back biter.
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down.
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down."

Rather than walking the entire way there, I had managed to climb into the back of a red pick up truck on its way into the U.S. Tapping my feet to a beat, VEGA spoke up with good news.

VEGA: During your time on both Mars and Hell, you've accumulated quite a bit of Argent Energy. Using the majority of said excess energy, I have managed to program power ups on command.

Power ups?

VEGA: These power ups are familiar to the soul spheres you've encountered in Hell.

Ah. Wait, how did you-?

VEGA: The details as to how are complicated at best. However....

Here's the catch.

VEGA: The program itself only allows one at a time and must be recharged before another use.

And how long is that?

VEGA: The recharge time is dependent on the ability and the duration of use. The recharge time ranges from as little as a few hours to as much as a full day's time.

That's a pretty broad range VEGA.

VEGA: Indeed it is.

Looking over the truck, I noticed a massive fence going across the entire land. As the truck got closer to the gate, I noticed several men in Border Patrol attire guarding said gate.

We may need it sooner than I thought.

VEGA: Indeed.

Invisibility.

VEGA: Activating Invisibility.

I heard a few beeps, but felt nothing changing. Looking down at myself, I only noticed a small outline of my suit, only noticeable by the trained eye. A few minutes later, the rusty old truck had passed through the gate with no problems whatsoever. After another minute passed by before the suit began to fade into existence.

Well then. That was odd.

VEGA: Define 'odd' in the situation.

I don't remember it being that easy to come across.

VEGA: The driver must've had their paperwork.

How long on the charge?

VEGA: After the use of Invisibility for 240 seconds, it will take approximately 6 hours to recharge.

Geez.

Looking around the bed of the truck, I had found a brown poncho among the trash within. Putting it on, I looked around before jumping out of the truck, tucking and rolling off the road. Standing up and dusting myself off, I noticed a road sign labeled 'PHOENIX: 50 MILES ->'.

VEGA: We're a good distance away from our destination.

I know. We're going to have to walk the rest of the way there.

Timeskip brought to you by Doom and Overwatch Chibi: