Russia: A Familiar Face

St. Petersburg...
Volskaya Industries CEO's Office...
Samuel Hayden's POV

As the old woman spoke to Katya Volskaya alone, the rest of the batch stayed with me, consisting of an old soldier, a cybernetic ninja, and an engineer with a beard larger than himself.

Hayden: May I ask who you people are and how you recognize me?

76: We are Overwatch.

Over-what?

76: And the Doom Slayer, as you and the others on Mars call him, showed us recordings.

Hayden: I see.... so VEGA has survived in the Praetor Suit after all.

76: What?

I began walking around the group as I continued.

Hayden: And what exactly did you see in those recordings? How far did you go in his eyes?

76: Far enough.

Hayden: Apparently, not enough to get the full picture.

76: You admitted to letting them invade the base.

Hayden: I took responsibility for the actions that occurred on Mars, yes, but I myself did not commit those actions.

Engineer: Then do kindly explain yerself.

Weird accent.

Hayden: And that, I will. But in order to do so, you must understand where I was,coming from. The Earth as I once knew it was suffering from an energy crisis. Fossil fuels were nonexistent, and the supply of renewable energies did not even come close to meeting demand. With that, tensions between governnents and citizens tensed up, riots broke out, a figurative hell was created.

76: How does any of this involve Mars?

Hayden: The Research team I was in charge of made a fascinating discovery. Our original study was on teleportation; Sending people across planets instantaneously. When we miscalculated and created a portal to Hell...

I drew back out the Crucible.