Gibraltar: The Googly Eyed Menance

Watchpoint Gibraltar...
Monosary...
3rd Person POV

A bit tired, the young ninja warrior that was Genji Shimada, was awaken by his master. Getting up and stretching his arms, he quipped about the relationship between Zenyatta and his orbs.

Genji: Zenyatta: Master of harmony and discord.

He started pretending that he was in a documentary.

Genji: Here he lies now with his balls, so many balls, balls all around.

Though not the smartest Omnic when it came to teen slang, but he understood enough that it was an insult.

Genji: Truly, the master of ba-.

*Klonk!*

Genji: Ow!

Zenyatta: Ask and you shall recieve, pupil.

Genji: Sorry.

Zenyatta: All is in the past.

Unbeknownst to either one of them, something whizzed by them at the blink of an eye. In the next instance, the sensei noticed that his pupil had a rather strange pair of eyes on his head.

Zenyatta: Pupil, have you always had those eyes?

Genji: Eyes? What are you talking about sensei?

Zenyatta: Gaze into this conveniently placed mirror, pupil.

Doing as his sensei said, Genji almost saw nothing until he took a step back. Then he noticed the jiggling pupils.

Genji: Googly Eyes!?

Zenyatta: I'm sorry?

He attempted to rip off the stickers to no avail.

Genji: I can't get them off!AHHHHH!

Screaming, he sprinted towards Warehouse B to solve this issue whilst leaving his sensei behind with a pair of his own.

Zenyatta: Interesting....They bring me a bit of joy.

Warehouse B...

Finishing up on the Praetor Suit's visor, the young mechanic wiped the sweat off her face and turned around. Seeing the Doom Slayer in his old outfit and sound asleep on a few crates of ammunition, she began to wonder what lied underneath the helmet. Not of love or romance, she thought, but of curiousity. Complete, utter, mesmerizing curiousity. The only person who has seen him without said helmet was Doctor Ziegler, and when asked, she declined to answer.

Slowly walking towards the snoring Marine, she began to inch herself closer to him, unaware of the chaos outside. Placing her hands on his helmet, she slowly began to pull on it as the cybernetic ninja ran into the warehouse at breakneck speeds, ruining the quiet moment.

Genji: Brigitte! I need-!

Pausing as he was witnessing from his angle a romantic moment, he uncomfortably took a step back from the warehouse. The young girl, stared back at him with a sense of embarrassment, like a child caught in a cookie jar.

Genji: Should I....go find someone else?

Brigitte: Genji, no! I was....uhh....doing measurements on his helmet. It's of a similar size to his other one.

Having no knowledge of what the hell was going on, he accepted that. Letting go of the helmet, she walked away and continued.

Brigitte: What's up Ge-? Pffft! Hahaha!

She noticed the googly eyes that were plastered onto his visor.

Brigitte: Genji! What happened?

Genji: I do not know. It's happened to sensei, too.

Brigitte: That's just too funny.

Then someone else came into the warehouse, dawning googly eyes as well.

Reinhardt: My armor! It has these blasted eyeballs of buffoonery on them. Please lass, get them off!

Brigitte: What the-?

Then another person came in.

Lúcio: Yo, who's doing this to all of us? My glasses have googly eyes as well!

Even doctor Hayden came to visit.

Hayden: I was informed to come in here. There seems to be a cosmetic issue with my chassis.

The Doom Slayer woke up to the sound of doctor Hayden's voice. Sitting upright on top of several ammo crates, he was about to laugh at the number of people standing around with googly eyes till Commander Morrison entered the warehouse.

Morrison: What's going on here!?

Noticing something passing by at great speed, the Doom Slayer tilted his head in confusion as the Commander received a pair of his own.

Morrison: My god....

Morrison: Brigitte!

Morrison: Brigitte!

Brigitte: I can't do anything until we know who's responsible for this.

Blinking his eyes, the Doom Slayer heard the same whizzing noise pass by him, followed by Lena's laughter. Opening his eyes again, the Doom Slayer noticed that he too was now a victim of the Googly Eyed Menance.

The only difference was, he call out the culprit in a rage filled scream.

Doom Slayer: HNRRRRRGH! LENA!!!!

Author's Note: It was short and dumb, but funny to write. On the more serious side, I'm in a dilemma, so I'm letting the readers vote which mission will be next for Overwatch and our favorite Marine: Australia or Numbani? Both yield a different cast of new characters to encounter, and possibly fight. Leave a comment is all you need to do.

Peace.