Numbani to Gibraltar: A Much Needed Break

Junkrat's POV

Ugh. My eyes...

Slowly opening my eyes, the first thing I saw were several metal bars surrounding Roadhog and I. As my eyes adjusted, I noticed that all of my belongings were gone, aside from my prosthetics. As for Roadhog, he too eventually woke up to find his Scrap Gun and hook gone.

Junkrat: Great. We're in the madhouse.

Roadhog: Where's our stuff...?

The mysterious man with a broken green helmet entered the dim room from ahead of us, holding the black briefcase we had stolen from the Talon knob in Numbani. Grabbing a sky blue metal chair, the man sat down as an Omnic voice came from him.

???: Hello.

Wha!? No! It can't be!

Junkrat: Oi! I thought you were Human!

The man rolled his clearly visible eyes.

???: Walker is a human man, the same as you two Jamison.

Junkrat: How do you know my-!?

Then I remembered all the wanted posters around the world.

Junkrat: Wait, don't answer that. What do ya want with us? You gonna put us in jail?

Roadhog: Idiot...

???: We have a proposition for the two of you.

Oh, really now?

Junkrat: We're listening.

???: Your expertise in explosives have caught the attention of both Talon and Overwatch. As you've noticed, working for Talon has led you to betrayal and imprisonment.

Junkrat: That's cause them dipsticks decided we weren't good enough! Can't go legit anywhere in this stinkin place.

???: But after speaking with Walker, we are giving the two of you a choice: You may either rot in a maximum security facility in the United States, or you can work for us.

I ou-wait, what?

Both Roadhog and I were confused to say the least.

Junkrat: Huh!?

???: You will be working for Overwatch, a-.

Junkrat: The hell's that?

???: An international task force, comprised of the best soldiers and scientists the world has to offer, with the goal to maintain peace.

Junkrat: Ah, superheroes. Noice.

???: I... umm....yeah, something like that.

Junkrat: But how do we know you're not just pulling our legs?

The man stood up and approached the cell we were in as I kept going.

Junkrat: We've already been screwed twice from going legit. First was that knob from...Eh, I forgot. Then Talon, now-.

Unlocking the door, the man opened up the cell and tossed us the briefcase. Opening it up, the money inside was still intact.

Junkrat: 500 thousand big ones, all still in the case.

Roadhog: Yes...

???: We will also be providing you with proper living quarters, as well as basic necessities. What we are giving the two of you us a new life, a life that that isn't behind a cell.

Speaking of cells.

Junkrat: What about the pigs?

Turning to Roadhog, I noticed the glare he gave me behind that mask.