Chapter 4

Kate's POV

''You're going on a date today!"

Emmm....excuse me?

''Emm...mom are you okay?" I asked her worried that she had hit her head somewhere really hard before she came home. I had been thinking that yesterday was absurd but what my mom told me was even more ridiculous.

''Yes I am 100% fine my dear daughter, he will come for you at 5PM so get ready because it's alread-''

''What? With who? I don't want to go on a stupid date with your friend's son or something..." I stated walking away. Like seriously that was the last thing I wanted to do. The only thing I wanted was an ice cream. Yes, ice cream. And a good movie. And my bed.

The thing I wanted the most was to come back to the normal word because that, just like Camille said, was some alternative world.

Maybe there is a hidden camera somewhere?

''Oh Kate, don't act like child, you'll like him."

''Who's acting like child here?" I asked offended. My mom just accused me of being childish after she had announced out of nowhere that I was going on the date. She just came back from a trip so when she arranged that?

I was starting to get annoyed by that situation. I really didn't need a date at that moment nor another people acting strange.

''Okay let's make a deal..."

''A deal?" I asked a bit surprised because she was talking about a date like thirty seconds earlier and now it was turning into a deal.

''Yes, you'll go and if you don't like it I'll buy you this album you was talking about last time," my mom offered and something in me exploded.

An album?! Wanna one?! She'll buy it?! Damn she knows how to make business...

I hesitated for a moment even though I was already imagining myself with the album. Eventually I agreed and shook my mothers hand. That album was worth it. I wanted that for a long time but I didn't have money. And now the only thing I had to do was to go on a date with probably some stranger. If I went to work it would also be tiring but less profitable.

Okay, Kate, so you'll just go there. Stay for a few minutes and then excuse yourself and get the album. Easy. Ha! You're a genius, Kate!

I went to my room and texted my best friends on our group chat to inform them about what had happened. I just needed to let it out and at least write it down. I wanted to feel normal yet I felt that girls would make me feel even more crazy when they read it.

Maybe they will be able to explain it all to me...

Me: Hi girls~

Camille: Heyyyy

Natalie: What's up?

Me: Something happened and I want you to explain it to me...because I can't understand.

Natalie: Yyy...okay what is it?

Me: My mom just offered me an album...the one that I have wanted.

Camille: Really?

Natalie: So what is so strange about it?

Me: Emm...I mean we made a deal and if I don't like the date I'm going on today in 2 hours she'll buy it.

Natalie: Wait what? What a date? Haven't you rejected someone today? If I remember well your parents are coming back today? So when did she...why so sudden?