Chapter 9

Kate's POV

Perfectly fine...

She's perfectly fine...

She hasn't been sick for this past two weeks...

Changbin what are you playing at?

I didn't know if I was angry or sad. I had never been so disappointed in my life. Few tears escaped my eyes but I wiped them off quickly.

Sh!t! And now I'm even crying.

I made my way to the toilet so nobody would see my pathetic expression. So Changbin wouldn't see. I didn't want him to know how much he'd hurt me. I wanted to be mad not sad. I should be mad. Why would he lie to me? How could he even think of that?

When I entered the room I looked in the mirror only to see my face getting red.

Sh!t.

I washed my hands and splashed some water on my face to calm myself down and to make an excuse on why I looked like I did. I glanced in the mirror one more time and faked a smile. A wide sad smile.

At least nobody will think I was crying because of this water...

Then I heard two voices outside. I stood in one place not to make any noise so I could here them talking.

''Hey Jisung did you see your sister somewhere?"

Changbin...

My eyes started to get watery again. I put my hand on my mouth to silence my sobs.

''No, why? Call her." Jisung answers casually. I wondered if he had known about his best friend's lies. I thought I was ready for anything and nothing would surprise me now.

Now that the person I trusted the most had lied. I trusted him with all of my heart. With no exceptions. I would believe in everything he said and lying was the last thing I would accuse him of. I had never felt so disappointed and hurt. I had never felt so stupid for trusting someone. I had never thought I would regret such a basic thing.

''I forgot my phone..." he trailed off and something inside trembled from anger once again. If he had only taken that stupid phone I wouldn't have found out. How unlucky he was...

''Hey, guys, listen, listen!" I heard a third voice and furrow my brows.

''What?" said Jisung and Changbin at the same time.

''You know, tomorrow evening we're going on a race but IP Gang changed the place and it'll be held near the abandoned factory on the outskirts of the city. They say that there's no police."

Police? Didn't he say that it's a video game? What more are you hiding Changbin?

And that was the moment finally connected the dots and realised.

~~''Hold on...where is Jisung by the way...he didn't come back home..."

''emm he needed to some things..."

''What things?"

''Mans things but let's not talk about him let's talk about us and let's just enjoy our date!"~~

~~"Where were you? I was waiting for a good ride with you..."~~

~~ ''but yesterday he fell of the motor while he was coming back from his 'mans evenings'"~~