Chapter 17

Kate's POV

In the morning I gave the testimony to the police. They told me to contact them if I would remember something else. Later the doctor checked me one last time and I was ready to go home.

My mom wanted me to rest so she said I wouldn't come back to school until the end of the week so I lied on my bed thinking of the previous day.

~Flashaback~

"I have to win one last race,"

My heart dropped and I immediately new who was standing behind it.

"It's Xukun's idea, right?"

"He told me that he would bother you and Natalie. I don't have any other choice, Kate. I have to do this for you," he said and I felt my eyes getting teary. I was not mad. I was worried. I didn't trust Xukun. He was shifty. But the worst thing was that I could do nothing but observe.

"When?" I asked.

"This Saturday."

~End of flashback~

I have three days left. I just hope after that everything will be better and normal again...It must be...

Jisung's POV

I entered the school looking for Natalie. I was thinking all night and finally, I figured out what I had felt for her all that time thanks to Changbin.

~Flashback~

"How did she react about the race?" I asked Changbin. We were waiting outside my sister's hospital room. My mom finished work and finally could come. She wanted to talk with Kate in private so we went outside.

"Yeah quite good I think. She's not mad at me anymore...but now...tell me about Natalie," he said suddenly taking me aback.

"What do you want to hear?" I asked a bit shocked by his unexpected question.

"Jizas, boy, she definitely likes you and you keep calling her your sister but I can see that she's more than just a 'sister' to you!" he yelled a bit. A smirk came up to his face as he was watching my reaction. At first I couldn't get out any words out of my mouth.

"I don't know. She just...It's like...I...ughh," I uttered gripping my hair in frustration.

"Jizas...do you want to see her with another guy?"

I just shook my head. I didn't like seeing her around another guys.

"Holding her hand and making her laugh with his jokes and making her smile from ear to ear?"

"No," I said trying to stay calm. I hadn't realised those were the same questions I had asked him before.

"Kissing her-"

"No," I said louder than before standing up from my sit. I hate the image of another guy kissing her. Xukun kissing her- No no no...

"See, you like her..."

~End of flashback~

I finally spotted her taking her books from her locker. I screamed her name but I realised she had earphones on. I was staring at her for a while... she was humming to the song she was listening to. The girl was moving to the beat and I realised that it must be our song for dance competition.