Chapter 8

Kate's POV

Two weeks past from the day we had met Xukun and his friends. It was a normal day like usually. I was sitting in a Math class and Camille was talking about some guy but I didn't pay much attention. My mind wondered in a different direction.

I hadn't passed that stupid Math exam. Again. So I had to go to extra classes. Of course I wasn't pleased with it. I would rather spend more time with Changbin. Luckily, I wasn't alone...Camille and few other students from my class also had to attend.

I saw Natalie coming in and I smiled at her warmly. She had been acting strange for previous two weeks. Especially when we had been with my brother. Every time Jisung was around she hadn't say much or just gave short answers. My brother was the same.

I wonder what happened between them that night...

I had tried to talk to Natalie first but she said that it was nothing and it was just that, like Camille called it - familyzone. But I knew it wasn't it, so I tried with my brother. But he stated that I was just overreacting and nothing was going on. But I was sure something is off.

''Hello students!" said Mr. Jack and winked friendly at me walking into the classroom. He seemed to be such a nice person yet Natalie and her criminal mind always thought differently.

Natalie's POV

We weren't talking much with Jisung. Actually we weren't talking at all. I could say he clearly avoided me. Unfortunately, Kate noticed it but I lied to her that it was nothing. Fortunately, she dropped it and didn't ask me anymore about that.

I understand why you don't want to tell her Jisung...but she'll find out soon...

I sat in my seatt and not long after teacher came in and greeted us. Then he winked at Kate with that sneaky suspicious eye of his. It wasn't just a friendly wink. Something was off but how could I explain it to Kate?

This strange uncomfortable feeling used to hit me whenever he entered the class. I had always had some strange dog instinct and I could sense people with bad intentions. However no one never listened to me so words 'I told you so' used to often leave my mouth.

On the one hand I felt satisfied whenever that had happened but on the other hand I was afraid. I didn't want to be right.

Kate's POV

After the lessons I went to my locker when I should have met with Changbin. He didn't have time for me after school and I also didn't have much time for him. Usually, he was busy when I was free and the other way around.

He said that it was because of his mother's illness. I offered him help in my free time (when I didn't have to study Math), because I thought that it wasn't easy to take care of the sick person but he insisted telling me that I could also get sick so I didn't argue. I knew there was no use in arguing with him, I would lose anyway.

Changbin's POV

I saw Kate leaning against her locker. She looked so pretty. I came up to her and surprised her by taking her in my arms.

''Ya! Put me down!" she yelled laughing but I didn't obeyed her immediately. I took my time and after a while I did as she'd told me.

''Do you want to go to the cinema tonight?" she asked me and I felt horrible because I knew I have to lie to her again.

''Sorry princess...I can't my mom is still sick."

''Gosh...are you sure you don't need help. Did she see a doctor? She has been sick for so long...are you sure it's not something serious?" she asked worried and I felt more horrible than before if it was even possible. She was so precious. She cared about others and trusted me absolutely while I was standing there lying to her...But I knew I couldn't tell her the truth. Jisung was right.