Chapter 6

Kate's POV

I didn't feel anything.

I opened my eyes and blinked twice.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I was almost hit but...

Natalie saved me.

She was holding L's hand which was about to hit me. He was looking at her shocked, angry and confused at the same time and I could fully understand him. I felt exactly the same way but I was probably much happier.

''Boy what were you just trying to do?" she asked him and everyone gasped including me. No one had never opposed him and there she was standing right in front of him confidently.

''I think you also wanna be punished," L said and I started to pray for a miracle to happen because it was the only thing that could save us. Not only  I was in trouble now and I felt even worse thinking that Natalie would have even bigger problems than I had.

"And I think you'll be the one punished here," Natalie responded and it was the moment I knew that even miracle wouldn't save us. The remorse I had felt disappeared because I realised now we were in deeper trouble because of Natalie.

However before L could react she twisted his arm and put it behind his back. He screamed from sudden pain. Natalie kicked his knee from behind so he was kneeling right in front of me with puckered face. I was speechless just as everyone around us.

"Shouldn't you say something?" she asked him with a satisfied smirk on her face while I was still processing how L ended up on the floor.

"You bit- ahhhh," before he could finish she twisted his arm more giving him more pain. While my brain was still trying to catch up.

"That's not what I meant," she said dissatisfied and to be honest I started to be more scared of her than L.

"F**k you," he said under his breath but loud enough for Natalie to hear so she twisted his arm even more and he moaned in pain while everyone was staying quiet probably enjoying the unusual scene.

"What? I think I heard you wrong," she played with him knowing she won. A victory small smirk never left her face as she was observing him carefully. Natalie not even once took her eyes of him. I didn't think she was aware of the sensation she had made. The audience was standing quietly waiting for his respond.

"I'm smrory," he mumbled something and even though everyone could understand Natalie didn't stop there.

"What? I didn't hear," and she twisted his arm even more if it was even possible and he cried out in pain. For a moment I even felt bad for him. I saw this horrific amusement in my best friend's eyes what was quite terrifying.

"I'm sorry," he said in defeat weakly and Natalie finally let go of his hand. Relief appeared on his face as he breathed in and up deeply massaging his arm. After a short moment L slowly stood up still holding his shoulder.

"It's not the end," he said his last words and left just like that leaving everyone speechless and scared including me. But Natalie didn't seem to be afraid as if she had know she was untouchable now that she had knocked him out.

I picked up my phone when some senses started to come back to me. The screen was broken but it still worked fortunately. It was quite new and to be honest I would have cried if it had got crashed completely.

I looked at Natalie with a hint of shock in my eyes as she was staring at me with worry yet proud of herself.  I opened my mouth to say something but I didn't know what and before words were able to leave my mouth
the bell rang signaling the end of the break. I was still sitting on the floor and I was too impressed to get up. I couldn't get myself together. I was so afraid I had been going to die yet I had been saved and it was hard for me to believe that I have all my limbs and organs in the right place.