Chapter 13

Kate's POV

''KATE!! GET UP NOW! YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LATE TO SCHOOL!!"

My mother's scream woke me up.

I don't care...I don't want to go to school. I don't want to see him. Not yet.

''Ughh...Life hates me..." I trailed off laying down on the bed trying to force myself to get up however my comfy warm bed was embracing me tightly making it impossible for me to start the day.

Therefore I unwillingly got up and made my way to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and I almost didn't recognise myself. I had bags under my eyes and my face was swollen as if I hadn't been sleeping for months. I sighed deeply and did my business. Then I went downstairs but I wasn't hungry so I just went to school after saying goodbye to my mother.

Changbin hadn't called nor texted me since that incident. I didn't know if I was happy or sad because of that. I had spent my Sunday thinking what to do next, but I didn't come to any conclusion.

Make a move first? Or wait for him? But I told him to stay away...but that doesn't mean he have to listen right?

Finally, I entered my school. I went to my locker to take books and then went to my class. I was shocked to see Natalie sitting in her place and doing something on her phone. She was usually late so her early presence was like a dream. I sat in my desk and greeted her hesitantly with a smile on my face.

''Hi Natalie, why are you so early?" I asked and she looked at me just like any other normal day.

''My mother made me breakfast today, so I saved few minutes," she answered and smiled happily putting her phone away.

''Okay, I see. But how are you after the race?" I asked comfortably. Too comfortably as for such a topic. I was supposed to forget about that and not mention what had happened however it came out automatically. I just couldn't forget and stop thinking about it. It had such an impact on me. It ended my relationship and that was why I wanted to erase it from my memory however some part of me wanted to keep it.

''Good, but did I fall asleep while we were coming back home that day? Because the last thing I remember is getting into the car," she asked confused and worried that she might have had a temporary amnesia.

''Yeah, you fell asleep. And my brother took you home after dropping me off," I answered simply and she blushed. I can't believe how soft she became every time around Jisung or when we talked about him as if she had had some kind of a switch in her head.

''Oh okay...but the question is what are you going to do with Changbin?" she said turning the tables. She was in control now. Natalie always could find a way out of situation like that. That was why it was hard to win an argument with her. As if she had been always prepared for everything you would say.

''I...I..." I didn't know how to answer. I was so confused about it. For a moment I hoped that the problem would solve on its own but there was no way it would happen. It would be the best to just erase him from my memory and heart however I knew it wasn't that simple. No matter how much I didn't want to I knew I would have to face it someday.

''You don't know? Have you broken up with him already?" Natalie asked furrowing her brows and crossing her arms in front of her.

''No..Maybe...no...I don't know..." my best friend was looking at me confused and waiting for me to continue. ''I told him to stay away but I didn't tell him that it's the end," I said however I realised that had sounded stupid. It was actually quite obvious.

Natalie took a deep breath and shook her head. "So you practically broke up with him, dummy...but do you want to break up with him?" she asked taking me aback.